I need a carb with a float for a 3.5

Is there such a thing? I got this rupp with a tank and that came with a B&S and the B&S has a crappy carp that draw from the tank mounted on the bottom... and that tank is rusted full of holes...

Thanks

Rupp never used B&S engines. And good luck on finding a float type for a B&S. Unless you make a custom intake manifold and use a Tecumseh carb. If you want to make your life easy find a running h35, hs40, hs50 tecumseh. The h35 is what came in the bike with a diaphram carb and if you can't find a diaphram carb use a slanted intake with a float type carb on the tecumseh engine. And with that you can use the rupp gas tank. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Yeah I am aware of what engines Rupp uses, I just didnt want to spent the money... Ironically I just threw away a good H35 carb when cleaning my shop....

This is not encouraging.... Anyone else?

Motra

I have a 3.5 Briggs from a snowblower that has a float bowl type carb on it. It has a mechanical governor though and yours probably has a pneumatic governor. It would work if you're not running the governor. Does your frame have the angled engine mount? I'll get some pics.

125ccCrazy

I have a new ported gx200 style float bowl carb... I was going to use it on a tecumseh but I think I'm going to run a keihin or mikuni instead so I don't have to fool around with linkage..