i need help with first minibike

hi im new here and am thinking of buying my neighbors mini bike but i would also (or maybe instead of) like to build my own out of square tubing i have a few questions first that hopfully someone here can help me with
1. how do you connect the forks to the frame
is it just a bolt that goes through a tight fitting peace of pipe or is there something complected with bearings involved

2. i have looked on web sites like northerntool and such for tires and wheels but there are many options
so can some one send me a link to a good general tire for the front and rear
the rear kind of confuses me and im not sure if they are for the front or the rear or how the sproket hooks on

square tubing won't look that good. i'd buy your neighbor's and fix it up instead.

if you want to build one, you could go with a kit like this. AZ3545 - Mini-Bike Frame & Fork Kit (actual shipping charges apply)

you'll still need to get wheels, tires, sprocket, chain, seat, engine, clutch, brake, throttle and other small stuff.

it'd be cheapest to buy one that is done already. a friend of mine built one of those kits and i think he spent about $500 for everything except the engine (got for free).

yea i know it probly wouldnt look that good but i dont really care about looks i just dont have a bender so i thought that square tubing would be easier

Easier to mod a bike, if you don't care about looks, buy a doodle bug for $100. building from scratch will take time and more money. :thumbsup:

Where are you located? Check your local craigslist , most people burn the POS clutch and give up. You may find a nice classic mini as well.

Then put a 6.5 engine in it from Harbor frieght for another $100.

There is one for sale on this board. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/c...51-db30-doodlebug-runs-100-bay-area-only.html
that's mine.

i've got a guy coming to check it out either tomorrow or monday. if he doesn't buy it i think i may keep it. i kind of want to stick a 6.5 clone in it again.

if you're local i have another one for sale, there's a pic of it in my sig. the rear brake needs a bit of work so i'll let it go for $175.

that's mine.

i've got a guy coming to check it out either tomorrow or monday. if he doesn't buy it i think i may keep it. i kind of want to stick a 6.5 clone in it again.

if you're local i have another one for sale, there's a pic of it in my sig. the rear brake needs a bit of work so i'll let it go for $175.
What did out of service mean? Do you rent them out? :doah:

one guy had his Honda Superhawk parked next to it and it was broken at the time. they stuck the out of service sign on it since it wasn't working. they fixed it and then stuck the sign on my mini bike because it's been sitting at my work for several months now.

In two min, I found quite a few in your area, this is just st louis area and much more choices then I have locally right now. here are some.

NICE GO KART 4 $ale!!!!! $220!! CHEAP!!! Also Mini Bike And Pocket!!!
Mini bike for sale $100
VINTAGE mini bike, RESTORED w/mods, very cool!
Manco Big Cat Mini Bike
Mini Bike 5HP Briggs
1 go cart.......1 minibike..1-6hp briggs w/clutch

Need engine?
5 hp side shaft motor briggs and straton

Take your time and find a deal and style you like, then make an offer.

so can any one help me with the fork and tires/rims
front wheel - 8-373 - 6" Front Demountable Wheel Assembly
rear wheel - 8-376 - 6" Rear Demountable Wheel Assembly
tires - 8-343 - 4.10 X 3.50 X 6 Stud Tire 2 Ply Tube Type
tube - http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/8-354.html?id=VBqKnEDQ
sprocket (for #35 chain) - http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/4-469.html

the front end/forks all depends on what frame you get/have. those should work for most frames. you'll probably have to use spacers on the wheels. i'm also guessing that you would be using a scrub brake.

Last edited: