I think I just bought a 100 dollar paperweight

So I didn't bother to look at this during the exchange the other night, it was dark and i was in a hurry to get home. was only interested in hearing it fire up...which it did, but HELLO mcFly.....
This is useless for a clutch to fit on, correct?

So I didn't bother to look at this during the exchange the other night, it was dark and i was in a hurry to get home. was only interested in hearing it fire up...which it did, but HELLO mcFly.....
you got screwed:doah:!
cant you get a new crankshaft?

The bad news is you have a short shaft engine designed for a pulley, there is hope but your engine is not like the one I built a spacer for. Yours looks even shorter than the 3.5 briggs I got with an inch an a half shaft. I used a craftsman 1/2" deep socke as a spacer grooved for the litttle bit of keystock it will grab, it's just proud of the bushing and I have a threaded shaft so a good washer and bolt keep the clutch in place. The hub of the clutch with the key it does'nt move and it spins fine. I did have to move the engine to the right like a clone would fit but it's in a custom bike! You could run a pulley with a belt to a jackshaft with the belt drive clutch mounted on the shaft. That's how I'd do it if I had it to do over!

you know, for the life of me i can't find a model number on the damn thing. all it says on the front is premium residential. it is a honda though.

Most likely it's a GC 160 because the Crankcase splits sideways. A few years ago I wanted to hop one up. I found out they only make nylon camshafts and it wouldn't be worth the money to have a custom cam made.

well this just blows. any idea what i can advertise it for? pumps, pressure washer, etc...?
thank you all for the feedback though....

:censure::censure::censure::censure:

looks like a 3.0 hp gx100,for constrution use.tampers,ect...