I want to change out the spark plug

Does anyone have cross referance for the chinese plug that it comes with. Champion,ngk or whatever works best. Its starting to backfire getting off the trottle,when my xr250 would start that id change the plug and it would stop that and run better.Granted a plug in my XR would last a year or 2. I told my gf that we have to put a billet rod in and disconnect the governer :hang:for it to stop. Also,the gas cap leaks really bad is there a cure for this? I do get it on there right even though its a pain but it still leaks. Thanks alot

Last edited:

Motra

NGK - BPR6ES. You could replace the gas cap with a real Honda part, it won't leak. Almost any GX cap will fit but the newest ones are an emission compliant charcoal canister cap and probably more expensive.

I have absolutely no room for a compliant gas cap,the stock clone cap is already to much of a pain to get on there. Thanks for plug number,ill let you know how it works out.

The plug that came in my clone is called "TORCH F6TC" no one has ever heard of them so it was a toss up of a champion easy start lawnmower plug an autolite(blah) and an NGK BRP6ES.
I got the ngk,gonna fiddle with it today. The engine is backfiring randomly, wont start unless its full choke and barely idles. The torch plug is always all full of carbon so im thinking its to cold of a heat range or just crap.

Last edited: