I'm a grandpa-update on Zoe

banjo

October 8-My daughter Rachelle brought Zoe (6 weeks old) over and said she was not acting normal and should she take her to the doctor. My wife looked her over and asked how she was that day? Rachelle said she was not wanting to eat, only sleep and did a projectile vomit. She had no eye contact, and was listless- we took Zoe to the ER. They said she had a 102 fever. Did x-rays of her chest-nothing. Took blood and urine. To make a long story short-the doctor asked if he could do a spinal tap since he thought it was meningitis. The fluid was cloudy which is a good indication. :no: They started her on an antibiotic right away. We had her transported to Children's hospital in Milwaukee. Test results finally came back- she has bacterial meningitis and the strain was E-coli. She has been recovering nicely with no adverse effects of the 21 day regimen of antibiotics. Back to herself -the smiling and cooing little girl we know. :smile: They did ultrasounds of her head and said that the blood flow was very good and they wouldn't need to do an MRI until later. Well they did one yesterday (Mon.) and found that she still has some fluid on her right side. :no: They were very surprised since she has been doing so well; but didn't feel concern at this time and will be doing another MRI on Thursday to see whether there is an increase or decrease of fluid. If it is an increase it would mean surgery to release the extra fluid. Please pray that the MRI will show a decrease

Banjo...I recently became a 1st time Grandpa myself and I would be nervous about the outcome of results as you seem to be. Hope all will be well. Let us know.

I hate the feeling of of knowing there is something wrong with a child you sit there with a lump in your throat almost in tears and yet they carry on quite oblivious to the fact and smile and laugh.
You and your familly are in our prayers - Zoe sounds like a real fighter

banjo

We all thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You have just met my wife Caroline as she posted this update thread. She was surprised I didn't post what was going on with Zoe. I told her it just takes me too long to tell( TYPE )a long story. OldMiniBikes sure is a special place. Thanks again Dave

banjo

Well good news after 4 weeks in the hospital Zoe finely got to come home. the fluid in her head subsided 3 days after this thread was started and she is doing fine... Thanks for your thoughts and prayers all. Dave