intake extension for stock engine?

I have a stock db30 engine (98cc Lifan flathead) that I would like to extend the intake on. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a flanged elbow that will fit the intake on this engine, which I can use between the carb and the engine. There are several reasons I want to do this. One reason is necessary, clearance as the application for which I'm attempting to use it makes for a very tight fit and I need to move the carb away from the engine at an angle to allow for a better fit. The second reason is pure curiosity. I'm simply wondering if extending the intake will have any effect on power or gas mileage. If it won't, that's ok because the clearance issue makes this necessary regardless. Any ideas where I can get a pre-made elbow with the proper flanges?

Unfortunately, I don't have the tools to make one, nor do I have the $$ to pay a machine shop to make it. I'm headed to dig through a local machine shop's scrap bin. Never know, might find something. Might not. Any other helpful info would be appreciated.

Could you get some scrap from the local shop? If so, I would think that even the most basic tools would do everything but weld it. I bet you could find someone to weld it up for you. Hell, I'd do it, but I'm a terrible welder, and it would end up in worse shape than it was when you gave it to me. I'm sure someone on here might be willing to help you out. You'd have to make the flanges using a drill and hole saw, and then find a piece of pipe you'd like to use. What tools do you have available? Where are you located? Maybe someone local would help you?

Basically if someone could make it for me for a low price, I would be really happy. However, I'm not expecting it and if no one wants to do it, I understand. But if anyone is, kindly pm me and we can discuss it further.

I talked to someone on a different forum (non minibike related) who has made intakes for these engines, but he really seems kinda flaky and I don't think he is going to make one for me. He keeps talking about how I could end up burning more gas, despite the fact that he has made 3 intakes for these engines. It kinda makes me mad, but whatever. I just don't think he wants to do it. But I'm sure there is someone here who can help.

I would bet you could build this with a jigsaw and a drill. You might need to get a hole saw and the bit that holds it, but those are cheap enough. All you'd need to do is have someone weld it. get a gasket from the carb and trace it on a piece of scrap steel. Use the drill and hole saw to cut out the intake hole. Drill out the holes for mounting it to the block. Make them one size too big, that way you won't have to worry about being off by a small amount. Then, do the same for the other end of the extension. You could put two pieces together in a vise and drill them both at the same time. Then, put the bolts through the mounting holes (to keep them straight) and use a jig saw to cut around the outside edge. Then you'll just need a piece of tubing to weld between them. I know this is kinda crude, but I love building things with basic tools.