Intro

cnj01

Hello Folks,
Just wanted to introduce myself, I am from Fresno, Ca and have just started to get back into the minibike scene. I had a minibike when I was around 14 yrs old so it has been about 34 yrs since I tinkered with them. I have a son and grandson that are all going to contribute to the restoration. I bought a doodlebug for my grandson which I am in the process of changing the motor out, to a 3hp tecumseh and I am going to pick up a bonanza 1300 this sat. I really like this forum and just wanted to say thanks for all the info I have already picked up. Take Care.

buckeye

Well a big OldMiniBikes welcome to you.
That sounds like a great plan to do some cool stuff with the men of the family.
Post up some pics of your projects. And especially Sat after ya get the new toy.

cnj01

Well thanks for the welcome, will be sending pics, one question if anybody knows. I want to buy the predator 212cc engine, will it fit on a doodlebug

cnj01

Hey Tomas,
Thanks for the welcome, I just picked up a couple mini's for me and the son. I am glad to see that some OldMiniBikes members are local. I will be working on these bikes for a bit tryin to get them running, I have a Bonanza 1300 and a doodlebug. Lets stay in touch and maybe you can let me know some areas to ride.

Well thanks for the welcome, will be sending pics, one question if anybody knows. I want to buy the predator 212cc engine, will it fit on a doodlebug
Check out hotrodminibike.com. Brad is a member here as well (ProMod) and sells a lot of really nice products on his site to make that engine swap easy as can be.

And Welcome! :thumbsup:

cnj01

Hey SC
I checked with a few minibike co. and they said yes that the predator will go in, I was at h.f. yesterday and looked at the engine and the throttle hook up seems to be really easy, they have it all ready for hook up, you will have to loosen the throttle nut so that the lever runs easily. There is a adapter plate that you can purchase to make the engine bolt easier. The plates have slots rather than holef for easy adjustment.