Introduccion?

So there is this big sign at the top of the forum window that says "go introduce yourself, and post pictures of your crap".

And so here I am. Introducing myself.

Long before I got my driver's license, or any of my cars, I dug an old minibike out of the shed that my dad had bought in the late 70s. Its a 1969 "Ding-How" or "nova products of california r-s" with a 3.5 tecumseh. I played with it for years, on and off. Mostly it would run for 15 minutes and then it would die and I'd spend 3 days trying to fix it then play for 15 minutes again.

That was 10 or 12 years ago, and the ill-performing motor has been replaced by a much more reliable 3hp, that hasn't been totally messed up by a novice...

I don't know if 2 strokes are welcome here, I am not too found of them myself but the benelli 60cc I bought a few years ago was too good of a deal to pass up. Like all things like it, the carb is messed up and I haven't played with that one in a while.

The most recent and ongoing project is the only other "Ding-How" bike i've ever seen. I found it at a swap meet a few years ago, without motor but with most the vitals like tires, gastank and drive hub. I fixed most of the problems with the chassis that the other bike has, like the poor fuel tank mount and front fork bushings. The motor is a worked over 3.5hp tecumseh, ported and relieved, big cam, lightened piston, polished rod and a big bore carb. It is damn fast and very fun to ride.

Mostly I ride around the pits at the track where I drag race in the summer. In other, more personal things I am going to school for mechanical engineering at the university of minnesota and I currently work for Toro in commerical engineering.

David

Hi David: Sound like you have picked the right field to educate yourself in. There is lots of two stroke used in early mini bikes and they are very acceptible on this forum.
Nice pictures of your mini bike ( Ding-How ) I like the foot operated drum brake and the handlebars. Toro should be a great place to do some good R&D work.
Steve :scooter: