Is 1.5 inches too narrow for a front hub?

Has anybody run a 4" Azusalite for the front wheel? They look cool and are very inexpensive. My only concern is that the hub width is only 1.5 inches. Is that gonna put too much stress on the bearings? I wouldn't run it in the rear, but maybe it's ok for a front?

1.5" width just doesn't sound right. Maybe they mean the width of the hub on one-half of the wheel? :shrug: 3" sounds like a more ordinary number. Too bad they don't make a 4" aluminum wheel.

I have used the 6" ones and they are very durable IMO, made from Zytel nylon just like the TuffWheels. I still have two sets with sprockets. I'm thinking the hub is wider but if it's not a spacer between the bearings will evenly distrubute the load. I run a TuffWheel on the front of a minibike that was machined to accept a standard bearing and it's fine so far. If they trust the Azusalites on an ultralight aircraft I'd think they would be fine. Just my opinion, only one way to know for certain.:thumbsup:

I have used the 6" ones and they are very durable IMO, made from Zytel nylon just like the TuffWheels. I still have two sets with sprockets. I'm thinking the hub is wider but if it's not a spacer between the bearings will evenly distrubute the load. I run a TuffWheel on the front of a minibike that was machined to accept a standard bearing and it's fine so far. If they trust the Azusalites on an ultralight aircraft I'd think they would be fine. Just my opinion, only one way to know for certain.:thumbsup:
Thanks, I think I'm going to run their 6" wheel in the rear. I'm very interested in your rear-wheel set-up. Is that the 6" Azusalite in the pics? I need to set mine up similarly, with the sprocket on one side and the brake on the other side. Can you please tell me how you accomplished this? What parts you used, etc.? Spacers I assume? Thanks!

Thanks, I think I'm going to run their 6" wheel in the rear. I'm very interested in your rear-wheel set-up. Is that the 6" Azusalite in the pics? I need to set mine up similarly, with the sprocket on one side and the brake on the other side. Can you please tell me how you accomplished this? What parts you used, etc.? Spacers I assume? Thanks!
The bike with the Azusalites is sold, the wheel you see in that pic is a DB rear wheel on a highly modified Arco frame and it has disc brakes now. To have a similar setup with an Azusalite you'd have to get a sprocket that's somewhat close to the hub and the adapter Azusa sells for a drum brake. I would think that would work well for your orange frame given it's already set up for a drum/band brake.:thumbsup: