Is it worth a 6 hour drive???

Hey gang....My roomie and I are semi considering the drive to buy this gem!!!! I know its worth the $300 he's askin.... BUT its a 6-7 hr drive to spokane from here...lol Would YOU drive the 6???? :shrug:

Garelli Mini Bike

Take the drive.....obviously, you are interested....The seller sounds like he is asking a fair price for a rare bike....The regret of passing on something that catches your eye will last far longer than the memory of a 6 hour drive.

That is a the kind of weird stuff I love , but unless you are willing to search and scavenge parts it could take literaly years to find the parts to restore it

The seller is saying he will not have time to get to it but by reading between the lines it really means he has given up looking for parts

But if you want it a 6 hour drive is nothing and who doesnt love road trips with bad coffee and lots of junk food snacks lol

6 hrs one way ? Ouch ! The gas alone would add another $125 to the price easy. It's cool but would there be a carrier that might haul it for close to that amount and save a day of your life?

I stopped searching distant C/L ads for this very reason lol

But ya know if YOU like it & want it bad enough hell with it Go For It :scooter:

I have driven that far to get a roller for hard to find parts, the seller was a good guy, he met me a couple hours from his place and we waited untill it was a good time for both of us to do it, but I sent down payment to hold it and he was a member and I thought I could trust him

If it is a bike that you " gotta have"....then do it. But if it doesn't run...you will be in for a lot of heart break. Those are not cheap to fix and not to simple to buy parts for..which is why most sell them for cheaper. But by the time your done...your kids may be going to a smaller college.

6 hrs one way ? Ouch ! The gas alone would add another $125 to the price easy. It's cool but would there be a carrier that might haul it for close to that amount and save a day of your life?

I stopped searching distant C/L ads for this very reason lol

But ya know if YOU like it & want it bad enough hell with it Go For It :scooter:
I bought a mini that was around 6 hours away and used U-Ship to get bids and have it delivered to my door for $160. It was worth the gas money and a day of my life. Your results may vary on u-ship, I thought it was a fair price.

You should be able to get it shipped easily enough down I80, but you still need to be there in person to look at the bike. :laugh:

I've driven a more boring route just about as long for much less bike. If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer. :wink:

There was one of those here in better shape for about 300. I passed on it.