Is it worth it?

So I've got a 6.5HP champion(Honda clone) and I was thinking of upgrading to an aftermarket carb, I had emailed an individual whose business I will not mention and he told me that I would just be wasting my money on a new carb and wouldn't get much in return when it came to performance by investing in an aftermarket carb. He said that I would have to do way more in addition to just the carb to get anything additional out of the engine, what does everyone think about that, is he right? or wrong?

So I've got a 6.5HP champion(Honda clone) and I was thinking of upgrading to an aftermarket carb, I had emailed an individual whose business I will not mention and he told me that I would just be wasting my money on a new carb and wouldn't get much in return when it came to performance by investing in an aftermarket carb. He said that I would have to do way more in addition to just the carb to get anything additional out of the engine, what does everyone think about that, is he right? or wrong?
wrong get a carb and header and remove the governor

I'd have to agree with Jesse and mdb, I mmean Mr. X. Just the carb alone wouldn't do you much good. Carb and header would do a little better. If you want a drastic change in power, it's usually cheaper to buy a bigger engine, unless you're racing and held back by restrictions. Just remember the old saying " There's no replacemwnt for displacement"

The cheapest way is to put bigger Honda jets in the carb.

The engine has low emissions and sound so changing jets or carb and exhaust will make a noticable difference.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Aftermarket carb and header without a muffler

I have ran a re-jetted carb with a air filter adapter. And I have even picked up a little more MPH doing this. But a lot of people have claimed that it doesn't work. Which isn't the truth. The problem is that they don't have a tach, or something to measure improvements.

The good thing about the aftermarket carb and header is that even if your setup isn't tuned correctly. You will still have more power then stock.