Is this nut for flywheel sufficiently tight?

Hi I bought a new engine from HF but it turned out to be hemi. Tried to find non hemi guy over there tells me that now they are only sending hemi. I am switching the flywheel with magnets and coil for lights that were on my HF 212 non-hemi to this. The flywheel is of exact same size in diameter, and the hole also fits.

I tightened with impact and put in blue locktite too. I am just concerned about safety. I will have the governor and everything. I will just add a torque convertor and adjustable carb with 0.38. This is the max I will do. May add a header with a muffler later on.

Please can someone confirm?

The space between the flywheel and coil. I did not take the coil off, so it is at its original location of how it was.

The flywheel is sufficiently tight

Attachments

Karen is correct. You can put it on and impact it tight but the taper is a few degrees different. If safety is your concern, don't do it. Use the Kohler flywheel that is a direct bolt on. If there is another charging coil flywheel for the Hemi, I'm not aware of it.

nightgrider

I put a honda GX 3 magnet flywheel and coils on my stock 212 non-hemi. Worked fine, I just torqued the nut to the factory spec of 50 ftlbs. My engine sees pretty low RPM not a hot rod by any means. But not sure about a non-hemi flywheel on a hemi. Like @minibikin' said there is a Kohler flywheel that is supposed to work really well with the hemi 212's.

In your photo, the self locking portion of flywheel nut doesn't appear to reach the crankshaft. If that's the case, the nut can loosen by itself, especially if the incorrect flywheel taper causes a wobble.

Can someone share the kohler flywheel, maybe a clone of it. I am trying to find affordable flywheel preferably no like more than the cost of engine.

This video seems relevant too.

Never EVER use an impact wrench to install a flywheel nut! Do it correctly and use a torque wrench and tighten it to the proper torque specs (ft. lbs). Do some research and find out what the factory torque specs are for your engine.
Michael