It has begunn!!! (build pics)

I am currently in the process of my first mini bike build. I found a frame (i think it's a bird wren) in the area for $75 and HF was having a sale on predators so i went and got the 212cc. It's been about a month and so far the motor's been disassembled and waiting to get beefed up with a stud kit, mikuni 22m round side carb with long velocity stack, carb spacer with a pulse fitting, fuel pump (mikuni round style), 3.3 lb aluminum flywheel w/ 5 degrees advance, chrome moly pushrods, 18lb springs, and tractor style header all from NR racing. As well as the 265 cam from AGK. I just got all the parts in this past week and haven't even had time to open the boxes yet. So obviously I want some power outta this little guy but the majority of this past month has been spent with deciding what to do with this frame. When I got this bike, at first all i wanted to do was ride and have fun, but now I'm in this mode of wanting to create a ground up custom.

I started with:

(is it a Wren?)

the motor:

Breaking it down:

Paper weight:

For now......:

I do have a direction/goal:

Don't judge me on the wheel. I just needed it to fab up the rake angle and know my seating position (it's not staying):

Rake cut:

So i just got the majority of my metal stock in this afternoon so now i can start with the REAL FUN:

So now my only question is: Does anyone who lives in the atlanta area know where to get 7/8" .120 round tube stock?? Every and i mean EVERY place i've called/went to/begged doesn't have it or "just ran out"! i need around 8 feet. :eek:ut: FML!!!

Whooa Dude your Jpeg's are huge, I know our line speed here sucks, but it took 5 minutes to dowload your page. Pics are so high res I can read the instruction manual.

Build looks awsome very interested in your engine mods.:thumbsup:

OK so before I lay blade or a bead on this frame is it rare? Don't wanna destroy something I shouldn't for the sake of me getting my kicks off...... and sorry about the size of the pics. I didn't realize my wife still had the camera on the settings from our wedding. Want to see every detail! Haha

Just me maybe,but I wouldn't cut up any mini that was not beyond resto already. It's yours,so it's your call. Those aren't really rare or sought after,but there is a lot of hacked up stuff already out there to customize.

Two questions? Is that a wheel barrel wheel/tire on the front and what size wheel/tire is your rear?

I like the new rake, it gives the bike a whole new look.

18x850x8 for the rear wheel and yes that is a wheel barrow wheel. but it's not going to be in the final result. honestly most of what you see will be changed, chopped, stretched, or completely done away with. kinda giving it away but when i'm done i'll be able to extend my legs fully while sitting . i'm 5'11'' btw.:rolleyes:

Also, for those interested, i did some research and realized that i needed to get a couple more parts to make sure that this engine is not only powerful but also reliable so the parts list should also include a billet rod, flat top piston, and a new head gasket. i'm also filing down the timing key to achieve a 28 BTDC. I just got in the cam and realized i needed some more parts to make this motor "be all i can be". So hopefully i see some decent power and torque outta this cheap-o-clone. Anyone running any similar mods on the predator 6.5?

Review:
stud kit
mikuni 22m round side carb with long velocity stack
carb spacer with a pulse fitting
fuel pump (mikuni round style)
3.3 lb aluminum flywheel w/ 5 degrees advance
chrome moly pushrods
18lb springs
header
265 cam from AGK
ARC billet rod and bearings
Flat top piston with 1.6 rings