It is official: 31 MPH on radar!!!

So I am on the last leg of my little canal riding trip tonight and I arrive at the only place where I actually have to get off of the canal and travel on roadway in order to get to a sub-division where I can ride the sidewalks. I am busting down this half-mile stretch and wouldn't you know it. Gilbert, AZ's finest is coming the other way. The only other moving vehicle I can see. I tried to duck into the sub-division pretending like I didn't see him, but it was no use. He was really cool and just wanted to make sure that I know I was not very visible and that I was in danger. We stood there and talked a while about my travels tonight. He never even ran my information. I confessed that I was going full speed trying to get to the sub-division as it was I suspected what I was doing wasn't lawful. He says, "Well, I got you on radar going 31 mph so at least you know how fast that little bike goes." :thumbsup:

Last edited:
He says, "Well, I got you on radar going 31 mph so at least you know how fast that little bike goes." :thumbsup:
Not surprised. My neighbor has got what looks like a stock 3hp B&S with maybe some tinkering and he was doing 30 on a schwinn speedometer. This is on an older bike with smaller wheels.

Not surprised. My neighbor has got what looks like a stock 3hp B&S with maybe some tinkering and he was doing 30 on a schwinn speedometer. This is on an older bike with smaller wheels.
Dang, that is pretty fast for those smaller wheels. Ofcourse, I really don't know much about minibikes yet. Did I fail to mention that my Baja Blitz is stock with the 2.8 HP motor that I have done absolutely nothing to? :scooter:

Dang, that is pretty fast for those smaller wheels. Ofcourse, I really don't know much about minibikes yet. Did I fail to mention that my Baja Blitz is stock with the 2.8 HP motor that I have done absolutely nothing to? :scooter:

totally believe you. having same fun here as well except there is always someone trying to check you with an einstein calculator. Just wait till you get some mods going and post some pics of you having fun, oh boy.

totally believe you. having same fun here as well except there is always someone trying to check you with an einstein calculator. Just wait till you get some mods going and post some pics of you having fun, oh boy.
I couldn't agree more with you about having fun on these bikes. They really are a blast.

I'm Ok with some of the more experienced guys checking out my bike. I figure if it really goes as fast as the speedos say, then great! If not, I'm still having a blast. All of the responses I have experienced so far have been considerate as well as helpful and educational. :thumbsup: