Iv searched,I need some throttle help

I searched and searched,I just picked up a hf 6.5 for 99$ and I got a one year 3month warranty with it and I dont want to butch it for the throttle. Do you have any ideas that could help us out? Im going to be working on it tonight. I got it loosened up but putting the cable to it is going to our problem.I liked the zip tie rig but couldnt realy tell hot it was hooked up,I got alot of zip ties. I just dont want to cut hack drill or void the warrenty. The boy ran the last 2 briggs out of oil and I want this one to last. Thanks for your help:weld:

You can do it without any holes by using a cable nut on the arm and a return spring. I have pic's somewhere, let me find them.

I liked the zip tie rig but couldnt realy tell hot it was hooked up,I got alot of zip ties.
did you see one of my setups? i was zip tie happy with the throttle for awhile. :laugh:

check out Affordable Go Karts - Home page - AGK - http://www.affordablegokarts.com. they show some different ways to do it with the stock parts (on the right side of the main page). i wouldn't worry about messing up any of the parts. plenty of people on here have spare stock parts laying around that i'm sure you could have for next to nothing.

OK, you could drill one little hole for a return spring and they wouldn't care or notice. (yellow) (or rig one but it must return the throttle with peddle on the cart so make it strong enough.

You need a strong enough spring to be safe. (red)

use a camp nut or stop that swivels (blue but not shown)

Use a cable housing clamp using a nut and bolt and you can find the part from your burn Briggs (look under the tank or on carb ) (green)

Take your arm off and ad swivel cable clamp (blue but not shown))
lube the arm parts where it swivels and leave it slightly untightened so it moves free.

Make sure everything works and returns nice before giving it to the boy and for Gawd sake teach him to check the oil every week. :doah:

Last edited:
Well its day 2 we ended leaveing it alone cuz the blue devil wouldnt leave me alone. Thanks for the clear pic,I have those parts and alot of springs. This engine has low oil shutoff:thumbsup: so I hope we wont have the burn up problem. The guy at hf said with the warrenty, basicly dont run it over with a bulldozer that would void the warrenty but if you do,dont tell us and we wont tell them. The guy was dirty,overweight,unshaved and thee best salesmen I have ever talked to,it was to say the least the best sales experience iv ever had. I might buy more just because.

Yeah the screen and cap is a PITA I don't think it's a big deal if your careful what gets in there and you could put a filter on the gas line.(Honda's have one at the bottom of the tank.)

We dropped a HF clone in the kids cart (that pic) and the engine would sometimes cut out in turns but once we cut the oil shut off wire it never happened again. (So watch out for that and you'll know why.)

Kinda strange to have TWO engines run out of oil unless they leak and you never change or check it. old dirty oil is the killer of engines. Make sure to change the oil in the new engine within an hours running time at break in, there will be shavings in there.

Just teach the boy to check the oil and do some simple safety checks (like chain/ brakes) , he'll have a car soon and needs to learn how to take care of his stuff. :thumbsup:

I took the air filter off and used an old bmx bike brake cable. I used a zip tie to hold it in place and ran from just behind the pullstart straight back there was a hole on the linkage that was made I swear for the bmx brake cable lock nut from the brake caliper. I put cable bolt upside down so I had to feed the bare cable under the linkage through the cable nut so the nut itself was facing up so I could tighten it,just in front of where I mounted the cable nut there is 3 holes that are perfect to mount the return spring which I ran to a place on the exhaust heat shield. Works perfect and the size of zip tie I used I dont see having any problems. There is also about another 1/4 trottle to be had by backing out the trottle stop screw,we;; fiddle with that after the engine is nice and broke in. By the way it started on the second pull with a nice idle and man is it quite and powerful,just not so fast. Thanks for your ideas.

Oh and about the engines running out of oil,they were very old engines and had seen better days. They both burnt alot of oil and he didnt keep an eye on them. This new one we already made the check the oil before running rule.

Maybe it just seems slow because of how quiet it is. We already are thinking of a gearing change and a bigger back tire(its got the power),the sprocket thats on it hits the ground on big bumps. Im leaving the governer intact, it wheelies right over on me as it is im 235#. I want to find a knobby tire for a 6inch rim. The one thats on it is really bad and probly as old as I am.

Our rig goes 30-35 so I guess its fast enough and I have yet to back the stop out. It did backfire alot but i think that was us,a new ngk plug will fix that. The engine leaks gas out of the gas cap and it *&^&es my off :weld:. The paint is coming off the tank cuz of it. For the price I cant complain but I had to. If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.my cam makes huge files.