JohnDeere

Tomorrow I am going to look at what is supposed to be a John Deere mini from the 70's. Are there any identifying marks I can check to make sure it's not just an old mini someone painted green and yellow? Are people loosing intrest in old minis? About a month ago I picked up a Bonanza 400 mini chopper in original cond minus motor for free just to get it out of his garage. Within the last 2 days a guy called and offered a speed way scarab complete for $175 And now a a running deere for $100. I am going to pass on the scarab if anyone is interested I will forward his ph #

I will take a look at the speedway if you can pass the guy's number on to me. I am in IL too so maybe it will not be to far away. Thanks

jrzmac

I will take a look at the speedway if you can pass the guy's number on to me. I am in IL too so maybe it will not be to far away. Thanks
haha I don't blame ya! they're pretty sweet when they're fixed up. only problem is if anything is missing, forget about it. Speedway parts are almost impossible to find!

haha I don't blame ya! they're pretty sweet when they're fixed up. only problem is if anything is missing, forget about it. Speedway parts are almost impossible to find!
I know. I have a scarab already that is complete but rough and finding better condition parts is $$ or impossible. Maybe if I had two then I could piece together one as original (better condition then I have now) and the other could be my rider. :shrug: When it comes to minibikes, I am not all that logical, I just want them.....

jrzmac

herringlon, I like the way your Rupp came out. I have 1 question. about the Harley rims, did you paint that strip on there or no? I found this reflective tape stuff that comes in really thin widths. I was thinking about trying it on my rims. I dont like it so black!!!! it needs something to break it up a little, let me know.

herringlon, I like the way your Rupp came out. I have 1 question. about the Harley rims, did you paint that strip on there or no? I found this reflective tape stuff that comes in really thin widths. I was thinking about trying it on my rims. I dont like it so black!!!! it needs something to break it up a little, let me know.

Are you asking about the rims on my harley in my avatar pic? That thin orange stripe is stock for the night rod specials so did not do it myself. Come to think of it, I should try to emulate it for my rupp I painted up all dark too. I suppose a pin stripe would work from an auto paint supply store. Maybe a steady hand and a little brush while spinning the tire. :shrug: Yes that last idea I just thought up on the fly right now!

I remember seeing mini bikes at the John Deere dealer,but I have no idea who built them.They were sold by the consumer products division,along with the chainsaws and snowmobiles.They were very pricey so I never got to give them a second look.The Farmall dealer sold Charger mini bikes,no idea who made them.The Agway dealer sold the Sensation Mike Bike,the dealer here would bring one out to your farm and add a little to your feed bill until it was paid for.The Merrimac Farmers exchange sold still another bike,I can't remember the name but they were 5 HP and had a two speed.You had to stop,shut it off,and push the collar on the jackshaft into high or low.I don't recall ever seeing anything like it since.