Just a Simple Build

Here is a project that I did this year. I didn't think it would come out this nice. I just wanted to throw a coat of paint on it and an engine for another good rider. I was pleasantly suprised at how nice the engine enamel covered the frame. Although I did strip it all down to bare metal and cleaned it with acetone before painting.

She's All Done!

I didn't take time to stop and take pictures. I barely had time to finish this today, so I just got 'er done! :hammer: :grind: :scooter:

Good work. Looks nice. What method did you use to take the old paint off?
Thanks. I used an angle grinder with a crimped wire cup brush until the wires all shot out, then I finished it up using a sanding wheel on the angle grinder. The sanding wheel was a little tougher to get into the tight spots, but it took the paint and rust off a lot quicker than that wire brush cup.

:grind:

Thanks. I used an angle grinder with a crimped wire cup brush until the wires all shot out, then I finished it up using a sanding wheel on the angle grinder. The sanding wheel was a little tougher to get into the tight spots, but it took the paint and rust off a lot quicker than that wire brush cup.

:grind:
Wow. It's easier than sanding by hand but still a lot of work that way. I started my powerdyne like that. I got a blast cabinet since I finished up with the forks. It still hasn't managed to be put together though. Lol

scrub brake question

There are a couple of guys restoring these Sears bikes that had asked about the spring that holds the scrub brake pad in place. Do you have one installed on yours and if so could you please snap a couple close up pictures showing the spring and how it is installed?

Thanks!
A.J.

Very nice resto by the way. I really like the way it turned out. The seat looks a bit small but no that bad.

Thanks for the props guys. I do not have a spring on the scrub brake right now. I was planning on removing the scrub brake and adding a disk brake to the front eventually. Right now the scrub just rests on the tire :shrug:

I ordered a generic seat from the major mini bike parts web site, bad move obviously. It works for now though. :scooter: