Just got a new Mini Bike Frame =)

picking up this frame from a friend for 90 bucks with out the seat and engine..im looking to throw my predator 212 on it..can anyone tell me what kind of bike this is and also do you think the predator will fit on hewre with the gas cap on ?

im looking to part with the cat 250x the front forks are bent a lil..im lettin the bike go with the front forks the frame and wheels im keeping the sproket and seat

bandit 40

Them small frames dont handle good at all when going fast:no: with just a 3hp briggs, cant imagine how it would using a predator.Good deal though.

45t

im looking to part with the cat 250x the front forks are bent a lil..im lettin the bike go with the front forks the frame and wheels im keeping the sproket and seat
If you want to sell the kick stand off of your 250X, let me know. I've been looking for one for my son's 250X.

The 300X you picked up looks good, I like the Black & Gold paint.

Last edited:
thanks @minibikin so it seems i keep coming up on cat bikes..i also have a cat 250x..do you think the predator 212 will fit on here
You need to get a Joe frame or a Temecula Bob frame for a Predator if you want to go fast straight. A medium frame vintage even but a Cat is fast with a 3hp. I got the engine in the one I sold without even the air vane governor and it would scoot. I'm 200#. A 212 is too much for the Cat.

i doubt the 212 is too much because the last owner had a 6.5 newstar that goes 75-80 so i dont see why my 212 that only goes 50 will be too much for right now..

i doubt the 212 is too much because the last owner had a 6.5 newstar that goes 75-80 so i dont see why my 212 that only goes 50 will be too much for right now..
You answered you own question, what is up with that?:shrug: Knucklehead kid.:doah:

And are you by any chance "green cat" on Ebay:?:shrug:

If the answer is yes here is my response in advance: Makes perfect sense.:laugh:

45t

I had a 6.5 honda clone with govenor removed on my 250X and it got my 200lbs up to just over 40mph (my best was 42mph). 75-80 might be tough to reach even with modifications, plus stability, control and safety are compromised at those speeds. Be careful and choose the right set up (bike & engine) if your plans are for high speeds on a mini.

Here's what happens with a 5hp or larger on a small Cat:

It had a 5hp Briggs when I got it. I changed the forks and had some crazy rides on it. I hung the nice fork and bars up in the shed and slapped some Asuza forks on it for kids to ride.

Last edited: