Just got this Tecumseh yesterday

I struck a deal with a neighbor that I help out from time to time. He removed it from some piece of equipment in the early 1980's, stuck it on a shelf and there it sat. When I got it home I soaked the cylinder and throttle linkages and it turned over slowly, might need to be rebuilt. I think it might be a 2.5 to 3hp and Craftsman #s are 143 65251, Serial # 9510475. Cool little engine that has great patina and complete too.

Attachments

It's a Lauson engine. Look where the spark plug goes into the shroud. It looks like my 2.5 i got last week. I will look at my numbers later .

Thanks joker for the info! Yes boonie it might sit on a shelf like the others. JK, that is a crank starter on there.
Nice! You got a Tillotson E7A on there? Ive got 3 of those and i found a guy who sells carb kits. You just let yer ol' pal Johnny know if you need anything.

Man, this post took me back! I all but forgot about the crank start engines, a kid we used to ride around with had one on his mini, orange, bent in forks and a crazy loud clutch but hey we were loving it. He stashed a gas can at the end of one of our long runs, just in case. Good times.

It runs now after new points and condenser were installed, will sit and idle really nice. I have a pull starter installed on it now that looks correct and works great. Now it's off too a better home with the crank starter. Really don't have a bike that it would be correct for. Pictures tomorrow.