Kaw Triple guy here ... now it's time for a KV75

Darth

I just bought a '76 KV75 ... I want it to be a miniature (somewhat) of this ...

I'll most likely be asking questions on where to get parts and stuff like that ...

anyway ... glad to be here.

Attachments

Gatecrasher

Welcome to the forum Darth. I used to have a Kawasaki triple back in late 70's/early 80's. I also had a MT1 before that as a youth.

Now I have 5 MT1/KV75s including two 1976 KV75s. Here's a pic of the nicer one:

IMG_3613.JPG

Darth

1stlegendtx …
Yup ... I've seen that one quite a few times before ... that's an awesome build !!!
It's a S1 … 250 …

WLB … Is that a Denco decal I see on the head?
Ya … but they came with the replica Denco pipes …
The engine is mostly stock … porting cleaned up and matched, intake tract all polished and matched, transfer windows raised and matched, new crank, squish heads, pistons, clutch … stuff like that so, I don't feel real bad about putting the sticker there … LOL !!! It runs OK ...

I'm going to do the same type of engine work to the KV ... :smile: ...

I had a mint S2-350 in the early '80's...only had like 1,200mi. when I got it. I loved that bike ! Rode with 2 other buddy's with a 500 & 750....noooobody messed with them !

Darth

...noooobody messed with them !
They do sound awesome ... especially in today's motorcycle environment ...
... three ANGRY dirt bikes coming at ya ... :laugh:

most guys have never even heard one of these silly things run ...

anyway ... is there someplace where I can get a piston for a KV75 ??? ... I kinda did a quick search and didn't find much ... other than Ebay ... :no:

I've got a second tranny and other spare stuff ... but I might need a piston.

Darth

why do I get this message ???

"Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words."

If I try to quote someones post ... I get that message ... ???

Man, I wish I didn't have to sell my kv75, I had a 1971 Parnelli Jones in green. Rough, it ran when I got it, then the piston cracked when I went to rebuild the engine. I sold it when my truck broke down, bought the parts to fix the truck.

Attachments

I may have an extra piston, I bought a 1971 MT1 with extra parts and was in such a hurry (life!) that I can't remember what was in the boxes of parts exactly, I know there were a couple heads, tailight brackets, and gears etc... Not sure if I will keep it, too many projects. Man. I've gotta get my priorities straight, there was a day when I would've stopped what I was doing and mentally cataloged every nut and bolt right then and there, lol. PM me later if you like. They are really fun little bikes, surprisingly powerful. Nice road bike you've got there.

Last edited:
Welcome to OldMiniBikes

Love the old Kawi's , keep us updated on the project

I have a kv75 in my collection and love it

Have you.considered a set of forks from a pit bike I have wanted to try a set with disc brake as the front wheel has the sprocket mount on it the same as the rear