ken bar whirlwind

Picked up a ken bar whirlwind last weekend and looks to be in nice shape but don't know alot about what i got my hands on. Anybody got any info on those mini bikes , years, parts , pixs, engines , etc . Guy told me it had a 4hp Tecumseh on it with a TAV . It runs good and needs very little work . New project !! New info if anybody got it ?

capguncowboy

I've never owned one but I rode one last year. It was a little difficult to ride because my weight exceeded the intended rider weight. I kept sliding off the back of the seat. They could be nice little cruisers with a few mods though

I like the lines of that bike. :thumbsup:
Chopper seat springs are cheap and three or five inch sizes are common if you want better springs.

I'll be sure to try to get some pics of it when i get chance. It looks real cool . Should make a nice little ride when through with all the mods i have planned for it. Pics coming soon.

We have that exact mini bike. Bought it in 1998 via mail order and don't remember where I bought it. Ours has a hand brake handle with an external band brake. It's still in good shape having endured two sons. The youngest is now 6'5" and doesn't fit anymore. I put a larger motorcycle solo chopper seat with 3" springs and it made a lot of difference. It was my first experience with a TAV and that sold me on those.