knocking

Two of my CHICOM engines do the same thing A Greyhound 5.5 and a Predator 6.5.
I'm not sure but it might be the "splash" foot slapping the oil level.
It does not seem to hurt anything and the engines do not miss a beat.
Perhaps a member has the skinny on what it is.

Mini420

is it broken in?? i heard the same clink/clunk noise from the engine case for a bout a hour of break in.

Mine sounds like its gone now:thumbsup:

vwfan79

well the predator engines are on sale for $99 right now go get one and run yours till it blows then do a swap or just run yours. IMO if your running it stock and you have been running it for 4 years its probably not worth messing with it. Not trying to blow off your question/concern but if it were me I would just go drop the $100 and get a new one.

buckeye

That's actually part of the problem. Blow it up,throw it away,and buy a new one.
Open it up and see what it is and fix it for less than a hundred.:shrug:

matt2

You say it's 4 years old just keep riding it and change the oil regular. It will probably last a long time and if it goes boom just get a new one. At 99.00 + tax it's not worth taking apart. Your time is worth more than that.

well the predator engines are on sale for $99 right now go get one and run yours till it blows then do a swap or just run yours. IMO if your running it stock and you have been running it for 4 years its probably not worth messing with it. Not trying to blow off your question/concern but if it were me I would just go drop the $100 and get a new one.
X2:thumbsup: