Lakeland Billetproof 2016

gbabins1

Sweet! I don't think I'll be lining up next to your nitrous bike thoughv:crying: A racing league sounds like a lot of fun, let me know if you get something going. There wasn't too many mini's out last year at Billetproof... maybe a handful, hopefully this year will be a little different.

I contacted a guy in st pete and he said he would bring 40 bikes! I'm bringing two I also have a bunch of friends building bikes now. three of them are building twin engine minibikes. my next minibike will have three engins with nos!!! mini freight train!!
I should have the class rule book done and a manufacture supply list for building anything ready at the race. I'm planning on running at Lakeland st pete and at two county festivals(dirt drag) and at the roscos dirt drags so start thinkin about a digger tire!!

markus

I contacted a guy in st pete and he said he would bring 40 bikes!
Make sure you take some pictures of that, you will make OldMiniBikes member "Twid" very happy!!!! :laugh:

The only complete/running bike that was in the garage just sold, but hopefully I can get something finished by then! nothing "fast" unfortunately, quick for its size/age but not the caliber that the drag bikes run. I ran a bike with an old westbend race kart engine down the track a few billetproofs back, That motor is going through a few changes right now, hopefully I can get it done and a bike built around it to see if what I did actually makes it quicker :thumbsup:

all it takes is everyone spreading the word to all the minibikers and we will have a awesome event.
marcus look at craigslist and offerup,com there are some deal there that may give you a headstart to have a bike ready for oct

gbabins1

I contacted a guy in st pete and he said he would bring 40 bikes! I'm bringing two I also have a bunch of friends building bikes now. three of them are building twin engine minibikes. my next minibike will have three engins with nos!!! mini freight train!!
I should have the class rule book done and a manufacture supply list for building anything ready at the race. I'm planning on running at Lakeland st pete and at two county festivals(dirt drag) and at the roscos dirt drags so start thinkin about a digger tire!!
40 bikes out there would be awesome Super Nate! While I don't have anything that will hang with a drag bike or a double /triple engine bike, they would be cool to check out! I just need to change out some tires and do a little gearing swap for both bikes and I'll be good to go.
You're welcome to ride our bikes Marcus... hell, one of them even came from your stable :laugh:

gbabins1

I'll keep you in mind Nate. I told my son he's welcome to race against your nitrous bike... should've seen the look on his face.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

gbabins1

Here's his weapon of choice, without the stock muffler of course. We keep those on when we ride the little track behind our house. [emoji1] #stealthmode

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

markus

You're welcome to ride our bikes Marcus... hell, one of them even came from your stable :laugh:
Thanks Greg, Hopefully I can get something nostalgic going for the event, just got a 1961 Caper cycle shipped in that would be fun but I have to figure out/fab up a new sprocket assembly, piece of crap only lasted 55 years :laugh:

Have to see if Chris in Sarasota is available that weekend, He has a couple of overpowered bikes, got that CR80 stuffed in that Sears bike :eek:hmy:

gbabins1

Thanks Greg, Hopefully I can get something nostalgic going for the event, just got a 1961 Caper cycle shipped in that would be fun but I have to figure out/fab up a new sprocket assembly, piece of crap only lasted 55 years :laugh:

Have to see if Chris in Sarasota is available that weekend, He has a couple of overpowered bikes, got that CR80 stuffed in that Sears bike :eek:hmy:
No problem at all Markus! I've seen some of your work... I sure you'll get something going for a sprocket :pimp: That's funny, I've thought about putting a mx engine in a mini also but not sure how fast I really want to go on such a short wheel base. I know that some guys go pretty quick but I also know the older I get the longer it takes to heal. :scared:

me and a friend of mine are putting a frame fixture together to build minibike frames. were also building wheelie bars, gas and oil tanks for sale very soon. hopefully will have a gas tank for all to check out at this race. both of my bikes will have the new wheelie bars on them

markus

I'm in . I do need to change the chain on the Roper , it stretches after a few rides.
:thumbsup: That Rupp you just built would probably run pretty well too! Dunno if you have been to one of these yet, but there is usually pretty decent turnout of vintage dedicated competition cars running all day not just car club cruisers so its a pretty fun day even to spectate.

I didn't go last year, but the year before they were pretty adamant about legible numbers on your helmet or bike I think, so dont forget a sharpie, or some tape just in case. They never really bothered with that stuff before.