Lawn-Boy lawnmower for power

Is that a mower crank? Seems long.
Engine is 90% stock from an "off the shelf" DuraForce model "E" Lawn-Boy mower (as pictured above). Threaded end and short taper are for blade adapter and has since been cut off. ¼" keyway has been cut into crankshaft with a Dremel.

That is some kewl chit there! I love the sound of them two strokes thumping like that.

Question? do you think a torque a verter setup would work better? I have about 5 of these lawn boys laying behind the garage and would be fun to put a 2-stroke and a TC on my brothers fox fx200.

When you do a horizontal-to-vertical conversion like that, what do you do about the carb? I'm assuming you make an adaptor plate to compensate for the 90* engine rotation .... nice work on the cart, btw.

Question? do you think a torque a verter setup would work better?
Probably. I have one, but mount would have to be re-worked to accept a TAV.
When you do a horizontal-to-vertical conversion like that, what do you do about the carb? I'm assuming you make an adaptor plate to compensate for the 90* engine rotation
Adapter plate not necessary as I use a diaphragm carb. Original bowl carb is far too restrictive and places severe limits on mounting options. Engine will operate in any position.
That is some kewl chit there!
Again, hats off to you, I love it
nice work on the cart, btw
Thanx,thanx, and thanx!!!

Any tips on making the plate?
Yup, a couple of things.
I used 5/16 thick 6061 t6 aluminum plate for upright and 6061 t6 aluminum equal leg structural angle 3" x 3" x 1/2" thick to support plate. Completed mount is then bolted together with 5/16 x 18 bolts and mounted to kart.

Last edited:
Two 2 stroke engines=4 stroke,you must be an engineer.lol
love the music and timed too,your camera man was pretty good too.Can't wait to see the video of the twins running together,can you show a close up of the twins on the next video?Very nice work!love it!:thumbsup: