Let's discuss endurance racing

joshua. c.

Recently multi hour mini bike endurence races have started popping up and they are becoming popular, so lets discuss. So what did you think of them? Did anything funny or interesting happen? What types of things did you see break most often? what advice would you dive a newcomer ect? I've never been to one yet so I don't have anthing to share myself.(I probably will try one soon) Anything interesting or informative you would like to share or discuss would be welcome.

I attended the last two GPS 180's, as a spectator. This years course was more difficult than last years. Both Red Beards Garage and Cars & Cameras had chain issues. There were about 55 bikes that started, half finished. Metal Fab Creations won on a custom made bike. The competition is tough. Most of theses guys take the race seriously.

Edit: One of the riders didn't make it to the first corner. Throttle stuck, and threw him. I talked to his Mom out in the parking lot. Broken collarbone.

Last edited:
I have very little interest in off-road riding. If there was a way to run an hours long race at somewhere like Sonoma Raceway it'd be super fun. Short of having the large amount of money it would take to rent the place out, I don't ever see something like that happening.