let's see your Hemi parts lists!

I've been reading these forums for quite some time now and I finally decided to post.

I'm building a Hemi Predator with the following parts. ARC flywheel, ARC .020 over rod, Black mamba Jr cam/26lb springs, chromoly push rods, .010 head gasket, gx140 emulsion tube, #38 main jet, ARC throttle plate, Walbro fuel pump.

Governor has been removed and holes plugged with 1/4 x20 inserts. Oil sensor removed as well. I'm not a novice wrench turner but this is my first full build of a small engine. I would like to compare it to everyone else's builds and meet some new people.
What kind of numbers should I expect as far as compression and HP? I've researched this plenty but a discussion and comparison is what I'm looking for.
Thanks for any info!

I've been reading these forums for quite some time now and I finally decided to post.

I'm building a Hemi Predator with the following parts. ARC flywheel, ARC .020 over rod, Black mamba Jr cam/26lb springs, chromoly push rods, .010 head gasket, gx140 emulsion tube, #38 main jet, ARC throttle plate, Walbro fuel pump.

Governor has been removed and holes plugged with 1/4 x20 inserts. Oil sensor removed as well. I'm not a novice wrench turner but this is my first full build of a small engine. I would like to compare it to everyone else's builds and meet some new people.
What kind of numbers should I expect as far as compression and HP? I've researched this plenty but a discussion and comparison is what I'm looking for.
Thanks for any info!
I forgot to mention intake and exhaust as well.
Thanks again!

Intake and exhaust what?

I don't have a Hemi and don't intend to, but what is it you are looking for?

Did you disassemble the motor to know if you needed a longer rod or not?

Do you need a fuel pump? Will the tank be higher than the motor?

Numbers don't mean anything if it runs like arse.

Have you already bought the parts? Have you already built it? I'd be careful with a long rod before you open it up. Some will buy a .20 over rod and stick up .20 out of the hole. Make sure you measure it first. It should already have a FT piston, but these motors are known for varying stock parts and measurements (if that makes sense). I'd run a bored carb or 22 mikuni befor you spend money on jets and I-tubes. If you're running the stock gas tank, I'd skip the top plate and pump. You don't really need them.

As for numbers, what are you looking for? HP ? RPMs? MPH?

Have you already bought the parts? Have you already built it? I'd be careful with a long rod before you open it up. Some will buy a .20 over rod and stick up .20 out of the hole. Make sure you measure it first. It should already have a FT piston, but these motors are known for varying stock parts and measurements (if that makes sense). I'd run a bored carb or 22 mikuni befor you spend money on jets and I-tubes. If you're running the stock gas tank, I'd skip the top plate and pump. You don't really need them.

As for numbers, what are you looking for? HP ? RPMs? MPH?
This is really sound advice on rod choice. Everyday I get a call about this. While most are safe with an .020 longer rod, it still makes sense to check the deck height of the piston and know what you have. I've got a hemi flat top in a conventional head predator. I knew I could fit the .040" long rod because I measured....

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

some of mine

ARC rod
Arc flywheel
Chromoly pushrods
.010 Head Gasket
performance head
milled .060
oversize stainless valves
26lb springs
Billet retainers with wedge locks
Robertsons Loop header
ceramic coated exhaust
Mikuni Carb w/side draft manifold
Arc top plate w/pump

The block is all together and I'm near flush with the deck. I did measure and now I'm about .003 in the hole. I'm using the engine on a old Margay kart from the late 70's or early 80's. We have massive industrial parks in the city I live in that I race at. Super long straights and good elevation changes. Fun stuff lol
As far as the tank, I'll need a pump for sure. I've installed everything I have but I'm still waiting on the jet and chromoly push rods. I really did want the mikuni or Tilly carb. I can use the other parts on my two doodlebugs if I go that rout.
I'm basically looking for some good tire burning fun. We also have a nice track close to me called Pat's acres that I'll be driving on as well.
I'm port matching the exhaust which is just a header. The intake is a plain cone filter.

Predator Hemi bottom end
.060 over stroked Honda crank
.020 arc rod, flat top piston
14cc head milled .010, fully worked with 32/27 valves, flowing 88-93cfm
Raceseng lightweight FW S2 no fins
Dual 40lbs springs, moly rods, billet lifters
NR307 cam with 1.3/1.2 Raceseng rockers
360 Tilly on Alky...
Block fully braced/welded
.990 Rapp V2 pipe
Jammer Animal clutch stall at 3800rpm

Last edited:
I would check the piston to deck height first also but like NR racing and others recommend the +40 rod with the hemi flat top. that is if you have room. I guess it all comes down to the numbers.

Predator Hemi bottom end
.060 over stroked Honda crank
.020 arc rod, flat top piston
14cc head milled .010, fully worked with 32/27 valves, flowing 88-93cfm
Raceseng lightweight FW S2 no fins
Dual 40lbs springs, moly rods, billet lifters
NR307 cam with 1.3/1.2 Raceseng rockers
360 Tilly on Alky...
Block fully braced/welded
.990 Rapp V2 pipe
Jammer Animal clutch stall at 3800rpm
damn!!!! that should be a monster, nice build

not a hemi but it has the flat top hemi piston.
arc flywheel
arc +20 rod
Accel 8mm coil wire
black mamba SR
37# shimmed springs
chromoly pushrods
billet lifters
24mm flat slide mikuni
NR side cover and head stud kit
18cc Honda head 28mm and 25mm titanium valves (custom from my buddy Jarvis performance)
1.3 billet rockers with raceseng guide plate
bully 2 disk clutch

Last edited:
damn!!!! that should be a monster, nice build
My #2 motor
Non Hemi predator bottom end, and crank
Dyno 308 cam, Raceseng 1.3 rockers
Moly rods, gx160 lifters, dual 40lbs springs
18cc head milled .060 ,28/25 valves fully worked flowing 73-75cfm
Arc .040 rod, Hemi flat top
Arc ultralight FW
SEKS adv. 2 pipe
Gx390 carb. On Alky
Jammer Cobra clutch at 3800 stall

My #2 motor
Non Hemi predator bottom end, and crank
Dyno 308 cam, Raceseng 1.3 rockers
Moly rods, gx160 lifters, dual 40lbs springs
18cc head milled .060 ,28/25 valves fully worked flowing 73-75cfm
Arc .040 rod, Hemi flat top
Arc ultralight FW
SEKS adv. 2 pipe
Gx390 carb. On Alky
Jammer Cobra clutch at 3800 stall
that was going to be my exact build with the 308 cam but I went with the black mamba for now but my bottem end is also a non hemi and I should have bought the 40 over rod. I have no idea why I got another 20 over rod. I guess I jumped the gun and didn't really plan to well I wish I could sell my 20 over rod it's brand new.

Wow great builds! Thanks everyone for the comparisons! Keep them coming!
I think I've decided on the gx390 carb instead of the stock one. Seems like the best bang for the buck.

I'm aware of the adapter that ks though.
At the moment in deciding on which clutch to use. I'm leaning toward the Noram GE or the ultimate. Thoughts?

Hemi predator bottom end, and crank
Isky Black Mamba cam, Gage Motorsports 1.2 roller rockers
Billet lifters, 26lbs springs
GX160 14cc head milled, 28.5/25 valves fully ported
ARC Billet +.020 rod, Hemi flat top
ARC Billet Flywheel
SEKS adv. 3 pipe
Stock carb bored to .690 and jetted for Methanol
2 disc Martinbuilt "Touch" clutch