lighted Tecumseh HS40 longcrank

markus

First off, its better than it looks:wink: HS 40 3" longcrank, Lighted coil motor. came off a Fox trail tramp. Before I disassembled the bike I cleaned and set the points and ran the motor and checked the lighting coil. It fired easily and ran good via force feeding starting fluid and the lights were bright. No irregular noises or and no apparent smoking.

I took it down to longblock to clean all the gunk off and get a better look at condition. Tins are nice, dent free and not rusted. paint is original, motor is not heavily corroded or pitted deeply.

Misses:
the bolts for the header broke off during removal, so they either need to be drilled out or just use a threaded header/muffler (if you need it for a Rupp that's what they use anyway)
carb will need rebuilt/gone through BUT it is actually very clean and the butterflies work smooth with no corrosion on them! It is missing the linkage rod and spring from the throttle setup.

Motor will come re-assembled with timing put in the correct spot and points set I just had it apart for cleaning so I took the pictures like it is so you can see what you are getting.

This is longcrank engine, great for torque convertors or in this case a 2 speed double clutch that was on this bike. so Its perfect for a Rupp and would show correct on one with the exception that it is not a ball bearing sidecover. The shroud and single oil fill are also correct for "slanted" engine plates.

$275 shipped

on the bike: