Lil Indian 1968-69 sales brochure and parts catalog list for a Grand series 6000

ruppking

Looking for Lil Indian 1968-69 sales brochure and parts catalog list for a Grand series 6000.
Original, clear copy or scan. I saw a post from 2012 that had this info but it wasn't clear and photo was only a partial pic.
I'm restoring this bike this would help me to be more accurate. Thanks

ruppking

Thanks Joe51. I believe I have a 1968 -69 Grand series 6000. It has the 5hp Briggs, front and rear suspension, Non folding chrome handlebars, solid white painted wheels, Rear disc brake only, full length chrome exhaust pipe, chrome fenders, jackshaft with 2 speed, original color is dark reddish brown. Frame number is 30574. I have seen some info (catalog photo, magazine article) that shows the early Grand series 6000 to be set up like this and that they made updates to the mag wheels, folding handlebars and then Tecumseh engines. I am trying to pin down the date/ year this happened. Thanks in advance to you and any others with pics or info to help figure this out. Jim

It would be a 1968 6000. The info I'll get to you will have everything for that year bike. I have the same. 1969 was the year swap to mag wheels and fold down handlebars. Early 69 bikes had a plate/fold down set up that was mounted on top of the top triple tree. ( basically two top plates). At some point they made it into one. Hard to pin down when that happened. 68 rear swing arm was different than 69. It should have a flat plate on it with slots for the brake and the adjuster plate. Chain guards for 68 and 69 were the same with the Briggs.
By any chance does your 5 HP have a small L bracket mounted to one of the breather screws? I need to make a repo for mine.
Will be in touch,
Regards,
Joe

markus

heres a good shot of one with a photo print date of Dec 1968. When you look at the 1968 brochure sheet Joe has you will notice the catalog bike looks a little different, with shocks like a Rupp C series bike, front foot pegs and a what appears to be a maybe slip tube type muffler/extension on the 6000, like what Fox did with the campus bikes. So there were changes being made during the course of the year/start date since 1968 was the first year for them :thumbsup:

From my limited understanding of lil Indians , the bike is transitional ie, from steel to mag wheels from Briggs to Tecumseh. from one piece fork to clamp on bars to fold down bars. I dunno??

Where is SimpleTom when you need him? At Symco having a ball where I should be!

I think Joe51 and Markus have done there home work on these lil Indians , here's a pic of my Briggs only frame possible 68/69 cross over bike with fold down bars, rear foot peg and mag wheels. I think oldcarcbx bike would be a 1968 ….just my opinion.

Best I remember Briggs quit making mini bike engines in 1970/71 and Lil Indian had to change engine mounting plates for Tec engines .

Hi OND,
Could you share your frame number with us, I think it would help track the sequence of the progression of the changes Lil Indian was making on these minibikes. Thanks, Jim

RuppKing,
Thanks for those bracket dimensions. Any chance you can add what thickness the material is? And yes, it is a throttle return spring bracket.
I'll post up the other parts that go with it for a correct 5HP application.
Regards,
Joe

Joe51, That spring bracket is .060" thick.

RuppKing,
Thanks for those bracket dimensions. Any chance you can add what thickness the material is? And yes, it is a throttle return spring bracket.
I'll post up the other parts that go with it for a correct 5HP application.
Regards,
Joe