Lil Indian info for newby

I just aquired this frame and would like to do a full resto but first I need a little help determining the model and approximate age. So far I have not been able to find any numbers on the frame. I will post a couple pics to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited:
From what I read on allied leisure they didn't have the spring on the fork until 1965 so I was thinking that it was at least later than that.

No hole in middle of engine plate for briggs and hole in middle for tec engines I believe. Cheezy1 can confirm or If it's the other way around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

So i'm guessing that the person that said 63 is wrong because of the fork spring? For my understanding what tells you 68? Cheezy1 do you confirm Tec?

Last edited:
68 and up.....
And yes it most likely had a Tec...hole in center of engine plate designates that.
Here is one of mine and probably what yours once looked like...except the seat...mine was kit bike so it was custom ordered this way.

Realistically..to make yours totally correct...you have a tough road ahead of you. Looks like someone took all your expensive parts for whatever reason and sold off the remains. The caliper is expensive and tough to find...not to mention a front mag among other things. Not trying to dishearten you..but just so you know it isn't as simple and cheap as most think at first.
And to answer you..most likely a 3. 1/2 Tec

I'm not trying to get it exact but I would like it to be close at least from a standoff distance and I'm assuming that going with a Tec would be easier to mount since that's how it's already setup. Iv'e seen calipers on Ebay that weren't correct in appearance but mounting & setup was original.

Last edited:
The way I understand it the HS engine are all small blocks, and the H engines are bigger blocks....HS engines would be more mini bike correct.