Lil' Indian kit mini bikes

jeep4me

Anybody ever buy one of the Lil' Indian kit bikes that are currently for sale? Or one from the 80's - 90's?

I have the oppurtunity to get one of these in the next week or so and was wondering how they are built. Good, bad or otherwise. This one is from the 80's and is in really good shape. I haven't actually seen it yet, but I trust my source on this one.

I may also get a '71 or '72 Suzuki Trailhopper from the same person. It's titled and in excellent condition. Any info on these would be helpful, too.

MINI-MATIC

Hi,the frame on the bikes are most likely going to be a 2 piece design which have the top part of the frame attaching to the bottom at the rear of the bike where the axle go's through and at the head tube where half of the head tube will be part of the top frame section and the other from the bottom half frame section.The head tube will then have an alignment sleeve that will go inside the headtube aligning the 2 tube sections up.Im not crazy about this design,but I would buy one if it came my way.I am a collector of Lil Indian's and Im sure I will have one some day in my collection,thanks,Steve.

Nice lookin' bikes... how's it run with the TAV and the late model power? (Similar set up to what I'm using on my Bonanza project)

mardyn

the red frame lil indian is very fast and lots of torque. first time i nailed i almost flipped it over with that tav-2 converter. same with the chopper.i have to ease the throttle on both or it will do a wheelie. i have a 72 tooth spocket on both so its fun to ride. 6 hp tec is nice.