Lil Rat MT2W Entry

Valocalrep

So I guess im entering a 2nd build off entry. I got a go kart a few weeks ago and i starting working on a rat rod style cart and i was going to put it up on here as just a build off but then Incogrhino had the same idea and entered it in the build off so i was just going to hold out on putting mine up here but after talking to him for a while he said to put it in the build off so here it is. This is my attempt to build a RatRod gokart.

Valocalrep

It all started with a kart frame my girl bought me as a early Xmas gift.

I went and removed the bottom pan, seat, arm rails and started grinding it all clean.

Then i got a old Wheelbarrow from a friend. I Havent decided if im sticking with this tub but its what im going to use for now and we will see where it ends up. I cut the front off it off so my feet can come out.

I was going to make it a rear engine but my brother decided he wanted to help with the project so we are actually going to run a front engine setup. The part that i think will be the hardest is running the steering shaft since the motor will be in the way. Im looking at a Briggs 10hp motor a friend has fro sale. I think it might be just enough power to move this monster around.

Very cool build just watch out for that cement residue it might chafe lol
Yeah i need to figure out how to get that out of there or this tub wont work lol. I was just doing some grinding and trying to remove some stuff but it keeps blowing the circuit breaker in my house so i guess i have to wait till tomorrow when i can get home and do it when no one is running anything in the house

Didnt get to much done over the weekend due to crap weather and having to work on the girls car. I got the rest of my old bars and tabs cut off and ground off. Looks clean and smooth now. When removing the engine mount i found a nice little hole in one of the tubes but ill have it welded closed and ill clean it up with a grinder. Everything is sitting out back with some self etching primer on it to cover the bare metal spots. Ordered parts today and doing more metal work hopefully this week.

these are way up there on the "cool" scale. You have me interested in trying to make one of these someday. All I find around here are the plastic/rubber tubs, not many old metal ones due to scrap metal collectors taking them all.