Little indian trike

Was looking for some boat stuff in the shop when I came across my Peerless axle set up that I bought with Peekster at Windber a few years ago--so you know how that goes--the brain starts and before you know it I had it all cleaned up and mocked up on my lengthened Little Indian. I located a set of small slicks that I had and I think this may work.Got the hubs--will make plate to fit slicks or regular wheels. Have to get the Peerless keyed so I can move the motor over and use a go kart sprocket so I can change ratios. Will tear it apart and start on welding up the rear bearing holders.Updates soon.

2SlickNick

Was looking for some boat stuff in the shop when I came across my Peerless axle set up that I bought with Peekster at Windber a few years ago--so you know how that goes--the brain starts and before you know it I had it all cleaned up and mocked up on my lengthened Little Indian. I located a set of small slicks that I had and I think this may work.Got the hubs--will make plate to fit slicks or regular wheels. Have to get the Peerless keyed so I can move the motor over and use a go kart sprocket so I can change ratios. Will tear it apart and start on welding up the rear bearing holders.Updates soon.

Okay I am subscribed... You have me all excited.
I finished my mini trike build 6 months ago and love it. I enjoy the heck out of the live axle. Since I ride so much on the street I like the the 15x6-6 wheels, but fancy the thought of adding 20" wheels and a differential.
Can't wait to see how this turns out and I do suggest a TC (Torque converter).

Last edited:
Nice those are some beefy slicks! Id recommend a straight axle rather than the diff. But youre welcome to give it a try. The problem with running a diff is when one wheel lifts up it spins and when it hits the ground again it sends you into a wheelie and straight on your butt.

jays0n

Are you going to stretch it at all? If I hadnt stretched mine I can't imagine how horrible it would be to ride, especially with tires that big!

Nice those are some beefy slicks! Id recommend a straight axle rather than the diff. But youre welcome to give it a try. The problem with running a diff is when one wheel lifts up it spins and when it hits the ground again it sends you into a wheelie and straight on your butt.
I agree Bill, being so short and narrow a straight axel would be the way to go :thumbsup: I would think about a TAV or a jack shaft too