??? Lmao...

1) If it were a popularity contest someone else would have won... (lol)
2) I only had to look at the front fender and see it was on uneven to lose my vote.
3) I am just not particularly found of the poor mans motorcycle themed bikes.
4) If I'm voting for a winner then I'm looking for pretty. The winner had a nice paint job. I can't paint for crap but could have painted his.
Again though, props for enterring and trying. Its more than I did. I don't build for trophies or glory. I build to ride. I don't care about winning. But to whine on a forum and care this much.... you need another hobby.

On a Facebook page this guy is an alleged big deal, seems his ego is even bigger. I call BS on his build anyway, no pile of parts no real update pics even of the sidecar. And he got second? With that entry pic were I in charge of the contest he'd a been bounced, a finished bike? Really?
That is why we put him in that category. He literally posted 29 times(I know because I had to remove them) and after PM'ing him and responding to his posts....he still never bothered to respond or listen. Finally he responded with.."why are my posts gone?". So yes this person didn't bother to listen or follow any directions. So after he finally made the post correct..with a few more tries...we allowed it. He then kept making separate threads for everything he did...which were switched to the main post behind the scenes. We try and include everyone who wanted to join...even if it was to just add a front fender and a side car. There is way more to it from behind the scenes..but you get the jist of it. So for him to come on here and whine...well that just made me so happy to see. Yes..that is sarcasm...

Shit I'd a entered my old Trailblazer a former build off bike then. It's getting a set of Manco wheels and a damn nice expanding drum brake setup for manco wheels with a 60 tooth sprocket so it will retain it's current final gear ratio since the same tires will be used. I may not have been so tough on him had I known about the flexible rules. No, that's not true at all. The whining warranted some words of disrespect at some level. Nobody likes a whiner. He built a nice bike a long time ago, many of us have although not everyone has modified a Schwinn chopper to that level there have been a couple of nice ones. I hope he sticks around and doesn't take things too serious or personally but then that ship may have sailed, the man can do some nice fabrication without a doubt and some nice touches on a vintage mini would be nice to see. Anyway Bill thanks for your contribution to the build off. I have some bikes in mind for next year, a modified Roper is at the top of my list especially given how many I have.QUOTE=cheezy1;1128563]That is why we put him in that category. He literally posted 29 times(I know because I had to remove them) and after PM'ing him and responding to his posts....he still never bothered to respond or listen. Finally he responded with.."why are my posts gone?". So yes this person didn't bother to listen or follow any directions. So after he finally made the post correct..with a few more tries...we allowed it. He then kept making separate threads for everything he did...which were switched to the main post behind the scenes. We try and include everyone who wanted to join...even if it was to just add a front fender and a side car. There is way more to it from behind the scenes..but you get the jist of it. So for him to come on here and whine...well that just made me so happy to see. Yes..that is sarcasm...[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
And even if you had built the bike from a stack of parts like many here did you would still not get the respect you so seemingly desperately crave if you'd come on here whining about it being a popularity contest as you did here. Hard to take you seriously honestly which is a shame, you clearly have talent when it comes to bike building. You haven't blown it however, we are a forgiving bunch but you may want to apologize to a few people. Not me though, you owe me nothing.
Was that a build off or a popularity contest? View attachment 97660 <--- Clearly a popularity contest not a build off....

And even if you had built the bike from a stack of parts like many here did you would still not get the respect you so seemingly desperately crave if you'd come on here whining about it being a popularity contest as you did here. Hard to take you seriously honestly which is a shame, you clearly have talent when it comes to bike building. You haven't blown it however, we are a forgiving bunch but you may want to apologize to a few people. Not me though, you owe me nothing.
I have seen his Facebook page as well and I have never seen any pics of the bike being built. Maybe I just didn't scroll down 400 pages to get to it....