Lobster Adjustable Wrenches

Anyone use Lobster adjustable wrenches? I have a Lobster UM30X and it just makes me feel good to use it. You wouldn't understand until you used one. Even if Iregra and snap-on possible work as nicely, Lobster got them on looks :)

I'm starting to appreciate good tools :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

At $28.48 for a 200mm adjustable wrench they had better be super-douper quality! Like build by monks with Zircon encrusted machinery or something really rare and wonderful. But even if that were true [which it obviously isn't], and I was given one as a gift, I still couldn't bring myself to put it in one of my boxes. Maybe behind the seat of the pick-up. I'd open myself up to a lot of jazz when some one asked me for a 8 inch adjustable wrench. I'd have to say "Sorry, all I have is a Lobster that is 200mm so it is truly only a 7.8740157 inches, not a good honest American 8 inches".

If these jerks wish to copy a successful American wrench design the damned least they could do is leave off the insipid millimeter BS.

They can copy but never beat the originals. Vise~grip,Cresent,Channel~lock and so on...tried others only to throw them in the trash or give them away.

In all fairness, I had a bunch of Kowa tools when I raced motocross in the 60-70's and they where great tools. I still have some of my original t-handles and the driver tips are as new after 1000's of uses. Can't speak for Lobster though. I must say, my favorite all time tool is my 1974 SK 3/8" racquet. Still going strong, silky smooth action, nothing comes close!

At $28.48 for a 200mm adjustable wrench they had better be super-douper quality! Like build by monks with Zircon encrusted machinery or something really rare and wonderful. But even if that were true [which it obviously isn't], and I was given one as a gift, I still couldn't bring myself to put it in one of my boxes. Maybe behind the seat of the pick-up. I'd open myself up to a lot of jazz when some one asked me for a 8 inch adjustable wrench. I'd have to say "Sorry, all I have is a Lobster that is 200mm so it is truly only a 7.8740157 inches, not a good honest American 8 inches".

If these jerks wish to copy a successful American wrench design the damned least they could do is leave off the insipid millimeter BS.
I don't agree with you on this. Lobster isn't one those companies that sends all of their cheap tools to the United States. Those two websites I linked are the only American sellers I could even find them from currently. If you search the internet you will find that websites like the Japanese Amazon comes up. And for the $22.12 that I paid for the 200mm wrench, I'm happy with what I received. The truth is that most wrenches are made in China and Taiwan now. Taiwan usually being superior. And often times Japan made is at least the quality of Taiwan, if not better. The Lobster is made in Japan. And primarily sold in Japan, which brings up another point. Why wouldn't they use the metric scale? It is what most other countries use. And it makes a hell lot of more sense than our system based on.... wait what is it based on? I'm also not sure who you think they copied, but I'd like to see that. I don't believe you have ever used a Lobster wremch either, but you can tell me if that's not the case.

I grew up on Japanese bikes and think Japan's fit, finish and quality is excellent. My first Honda was a CT 70H. My second is pictured here. I also own about 20 other Hondas including the QA 50 seen on the trailer! I have no problem buying Japanese tools....

Buying Japan tools is better than buying most other tools if you think about it. Especially when you buy from countries like China, which we all do anyway because of lack of other options, but they don't usually have very good quality control, are made of inferior materials, and there are almost no laws on working conditions for the people who are actually making us the tool we get.

Oldsalt

Why wouldn't they use the metric scale? It is what most other countries use. And it makes a hell lot of more sense than our system based on.... wait what is it based on? I'm also not sure who you think they copied, but I'd like to see that. I don't believe you have ever used a Lobster wremch either, but you can tell me if that's not the case.[/QUOTE]

They copied Diamond Calk Horseshoe and Crescent.

No matter how you cut the pie, in my humble estimation 22 bucks for an 7.8 inch Asian adjustable wrench is way over the top. Nope, will probably never own one because I got plenty of old ones.

By the way...what is the metric system based on? "10" is the proper grade school answer. Because we have 10 fingers! That might have been a leg up on the English system until calculators came along...now there is no advantage.

I understand that Craftsman end wrenches and etc. are forged in Asia and then sent to here to be finished so they can maintain that they are made in the US.

It's all about different strokes for different folks! If you want to put ALL Crescent style wrenches to shame, try one of these little puppies! IMHO no Crescent style can touch it!

Did you get it from chads?
I've been thinking about getting the pliers wrench for a while now. Just never got around to buying a pair. I see you would recommend it :thumbsup:

I need to get me some more Grip-ons too. Good locking pliers, or vice grips as many say.

Yeah, Chad's! I have three pair I keep two in my shop and one in my Dual sport tool kit. They are excellent. Not cheap but once you try them you won't go back. Super powerful grip, non-marring, great for fab work too. use use the model 180 and 150. Small but wide jaws.

thanks for the info :thumbsup:
I'll get them eventually. I just bought a cheap metal bender last night, a TD Industrial form bender. Sure it's not going to be great quality but I figure it's better than a vise and a hammer. So once I get some more tools that I really need, then I'll get the pliers wrench. Also, I'd look on Amazon too for some of those tools, sometimes they have better prices than Chad's and you can get free shipping.