looking for info El Burro mud and snow bikes

looking for any info and opinions on the El Burro mud and snow bike that has personal experience with them or restorations and what or how one views
them say against a super bronc or any other fat tired bike, i'm thinking possibly trying to find one to do up down the road

oldsledz

I have a El Burro super 8 and like it, They are for off road only the soft stock tires don't handle well on paved roads and top speed with stock gears is about 20 mph.

For a lot of riding the super bronc is a better bike, it all depends on what you like.

I agree with oldsledz. I like my El Burro, but I think the Super Bronc is much heavier duty with a better suspension. The VT10 would be a good bike to pull that much weight. The Broncs are much more plentiful also. Have you looked into a Rokon?

oh yes i've looked and drooled over rokons, to me there the ultimate but i can't justify $6000 for a new one either and i do like the rokons too but i like the frame design of the el burros also

The Rokon to me is the ultimate off road 2 wheeler. I'd certainly never buy a new one and CL Search Tempest turned up about a dozen scattered around the country in the 2-3K range. Teeksoffroad would be the member to contact about El Burros. He may have sold all of his, but he's a wealth of knowledge on them.

The new ones are over 6k but somehow they just do not look as good to me!

This is another example of a bike that pawn stars inflated the $ of so parts are harder to find.

yeah its trying to find a albion transmission, a used is going for right around $300.00 another 2wd thats rarer then hens teeth is a 1965 arctic cat sno cub awesome looking bike too there's a pic of one on the freak bike section i think there were a total of like 30 made very low production for sure

I say go with a Terra Cat over the El Burro. Not that its gonna be any easier to find, I have had 4 Super Broncs and they are definately tough bikes but very heavy.

Hey there Leathernun i didn't know what it was called, yeah if i could find one of those i would, how is it for torque and power and didn't you have a wards 777t i like them too, Oh great big tired mini bike chief and i'm one of your biggest fans name off any other big boys, how does that terra cat handle and how low geared is it?:shrug:

jeep4me

I've had my El Burro for a few years and I love it. But I have to say the Super Broncs are a much heavier duty bike. And, the broncs have the torque converter setup which is a great plus, especially for a bigger rider. The El Burro's are have no suspension, but still have a decent ride. The Broncs are all over the place and NOS parts are still available (for now). El Burro's are much more simple to work on.

I could go on and on. I guess this one may just depend on your personal preference.

Hey there Leathernun i didn't know what it was called, yeah if i could find one of those i would, how is it for torque and power and didn't you have a wards 777t i like them too, Oh great big tired mini bike chief and i'm one of your biggest fans name off any other big boys, how does that terra cat handle and how low geared is it?:shrug:
The Terra cat will climb a tree. Not going top win any races but it is definately faster that a Tote Gote. Probably 20mph The Wards T777 is just a beast in general. It has a 10hp Tec and will probably reach 50 mph if I had enough road.I havent had it in the hills yet. The Cheetahs are big , but dont seem to have the Torque of the others mentioned

Pic with 8 hp Briggs . Now has a Tec

Trail Scout!

I've got a trail Scout & an El Burro and love them both. The El Burro is a little easier for kids to ride & has ok power - just swap out the jackshaft gears to get the setup you like.The Trail Scout with a 9hp Honda hauled me & my son 350 pounds combined with little problem - had to get a little run at the big hills. I also love the Harley tank so we can ride trails all week on a tank. I plan on rebuilding both with TAV's in the future.

yeah i had a cheetah when i was a kid had the 7hp tecumseh and had to run the old non detergent oil poor thing i beat it bad, the clutch system was junk on it, the drive would literly stick, over heat and all of the above and if i was really desperate to ride, because it did burn oil i would use my grand fathers bar and chain oil to get me through but on a january day that wa pretty hard on things