Looking for smallest and lightest mini bike

I am a paraglider pilot. I came accross the baha dirt bug and it got me thinking about using it to drive up the dirt roads to the launch sites.

I am looking for the lightest and smallest. The idea is to be able to clip it to my harness on launch!

The catch:
Will be used to go up steep hills only(could modify sprocket for more torque, less speed?)
Must be able to carry 250lbs
Must be able to handle dirt road.
Must be red (lol)

Thanks for your help!

Patrick, BC, Canada

Last edited:
lil petro

it doesn't really meet your requirements. you do realize that the doodlebug with a swap (won't move with the stock motor and your weight on a hill) is easily going to be 100+lbs?

I could technically go as big as a tandem paraglider which can carry a second person.

Don't really like the idea of a bigger engine, would prefer to modify clutch or sprocket for more torque and less speed.

How fast do they go out of the factory???

the stock doodlebug motor is only 2.8hp. no one makes aftermarket sprockets for them, so if you want to change that you have to buy a blank and drill it yourself. if you plan on riding up hills, even changing out the sprocket and clutch won't help much. in stock form, they're not designed for an adult to ride.

unless you're going to do a 5.5 or 6.5 swap, don't even waste your money on a DB.

markus

Di blasi, 68 lbs, folds up to suitcase size, will still run about mid 20's with 300 lbs on it. It sucks on the hills for speed but the drive system is variable so it will pull up the steeper grades. They do come in red, and they are street legal :thumbsup: Offroad capabilities aren't too terrible they are tougher than they look, but the suspension is pretty low end, avoid the "sweet jumps"

I was by myself that trip so I had alot of room and just stuck it on the trailer, you get the overall idea of size though (unfolded)

Heres a rough folded up shot, That was not a fun night for camping!

But the morning turned out nice for a couple of dorks on their minibikes :eek:ut:

markus

Honda Motocompo,

Its another folding bike, weighs about 100lbs though. I have never ridden one, a buddy had one when he lived in Saudi Arabia, said his kids beat the shot out of it, they did bend the forks but other than that it held up fine.

Hard to find, but doable, there are a couple in FL I have kept my eye on but hes wanting 1500 each and I think that is a little steep. Ive seen a really nice one sell out of Miami for around $1250 Dunno hillclimbing capabilities but saw somewhere it listed a 11% grade

instead of searching for ever. why not just make your own mini like a aluminum or chromoly steel home made chassis. and a stock a$$ clone the engine is only 36 pounds that give you a good bit of weight to play with. give or take you could keep the complete chassis without engine under 60 pounds easily. so i know that you could build one that weights under 100 pounds.

:thumbsup::scooter: