Major brake failure

A while back i mounted a motor / bicycle brake on the rear of my Western flyer hoping the brake pad would hold up and allow me to stop and even though the band was about a 1/2 inch wide i never expected this. amazingly i have been ride over six months the pad held up and had little wear. the brake failure happen as i was tooling down the road when a neighbor flagged me down and as i was braking for some reason i gave it some gas and major failure - yes my fault.

capguncowboy

At least it failed before it was crucially needed. That was a best case scenario. Chalk that one up as a bad idea and be glad it turned out the way it did.

A while back i mounted a motor / bicycle brake on the rear of my Western flyer hoping the brake pad would hold up and allow me to stop and even though the band was about a 1/2 inch wide i never expected this. amazingly i have been ride over six months the pad held up and had little wear. the brake failure happen as i was tooling down the road when a neighbor flagged me down and as i was braking for some reason i gave it some gas and major failure - yes my fault.
That's the same brake that came on the pocket bike I used for my Build off bike. The Minion Cycle. I never hooked it back up... Seemed like a toy.