manco big cat resto

got this from Small Bikes, someone tried to do a little custom work by cutting out the jackshaft and side bar. Also missing is the brake pedal assembly. So first I had to weld the jackshaft back in and cut the rest of the side bar out and grind the welds, manco does some crummy welds.

I have to watch this one. Someone gave me one in pretty good shape just missing motor and part of jack shaft. I was thinking about putting my 9HP Subaru in it if it will fit??

got a little done last nite, made a rear baffle for to protect the carb and a front skid plate to help keep it clean. gonna have to change the brakes over to hand brakes since I don't have any of the foot brake hardware so I cut off all non needed brackets. got the front and rear covers I made from a trailer fender mounted...

not really all that heavy, my better half weights about 99lbs and she throws it around pretty easily , it's tough to steer a little:scooter:
I like the brake set-up. I hate the way the foot brake works. I do a lot of trail riding on mine and the brake always gets snagged. It hangs out and I have had it snag and knock me on my ass a couple of time. Get me some close ups of the brakes. I may just change mine over.

Looks great!!! I have a random question, how heavy is that beast?! Loving the paint scheme!! :thumbsup:
I think dry weight is 175lbs.

that foot brake thing didn't break my heart when I couldn't use it, if you click on the pics I have there it gives you a big close-up, all I did was drill a hole in line with the brake lever and take a allen bolt and drill down through it and wrap the spring from the lever around to the bottom of the axle plate

that foot brake thing didn't break my heart when I couldn't use it, if you click on the pics I have there it gives you a big close-up, all I did was drill a hole in line with the brake lever and take a allen bolt and drill down through it and wrap the spring from the lever around to the bottom of the axle plate

Simple enough. Hows the stopping power with the brake lever? Good job on the bike man.

Couple of questions. What kind of brake lever are you using? I tried to convert mine to lever brakes couldn't get enough squeeze.
Did you roll the edges fro the inner rear fender? Can you make one for me???? How much?http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/2362/CIMG09391.JPG
They are a sweet bike aren't they!
The brake lever is just some chinese pocket bike cheapie,I have the brake adjusted to just before it starts to drag. The fender is a 7" wide trailer fender off evilbay, one side is rolled and the other is a straight bend but it protects the carb and back of motor nice and clean.