Manco Bigcat. General discussion.

Haven't seen many threads on these minis lately. I just picked up a complete bigcat for $400. It's a basket case but everything was there. My big biggest worry was a front fork bearing set. But I sourced that easy enough and it's a bit of an upgrade from stock. To be honest that fork looks iffy. Lol.
Have the jackshaft bearings and replacement jackshaft sprocket on order. Once those are in hand should be a fast pace to have it on the trail.
Anyone have any experience with these? I also have a T777 Buffalo. That bike is great!

Exactly WHERE is "near me"? You do not have your location posted in your profile. There may be a member here looking to buy one.
Michael

Last edited:

Triley41395

My uncle, my cousin (uncle's son) and my brother all have one. I definitely want one but I think it is more a novelty bike if you don't have some place off road to ride it. Don't get me wrong they are cool as hell but not ment for the road. My cousin has access to a golf course to ride so his gets used occasionally, but my uncle's hasn't ran in at least 5 years and my brother's 2 to 3 years.

nightgrider

My uncle, my cousin (uncle's son) and my brother all have one. I definitely want one but I think it is more a novelty bike if you don't have some place off road to ride it. Don't get me wrong they are cool as hell but not ment for the road. My cousin has access to a golf course to ride so his gets used occasionally, but my uncle's hasn't ran in at least 5 years and my brother's 2 to 3 years.
Off road is exactly what I want it for of my annual camping trip with my high school friends. I picked up some 8 inch lawnmower wheels and 19 inch tires for free. Would like to build a big wheel frame... if I can ever find the time.

Triley41395

Did they come with that OHC Tecumseh? What about drivetrain? Did they come with torque converters? They look like great swamp monsters!
Yes and yes. They all had OHV 6hp(I think 6)tecumsehs and torque converter. They are all still original and not chopped up yet. As far as drive train, I'm not sure what size sprockets they have. My cousin says it doesn't miss a beat in the sand traps at the golf course. What's funny is I know exactly where 3 running and riding big cats are and I still haven't gotten to ride one.

Triley41395

What strikes me as extremely odd is, you do not own one.
I guess I am waiting for the right deal. My uncle and cousin bought there's for 4 or 5 hundred around 2010 and my brother stole his for 175.00 in 2021. I guess I'm just cheap. I've got a bad habit of buying the most beat up turd for sale and then spend twice what it's worth fixing it. I guess that's not really cheap, just dumb.

nightgrider

I guess I am waiting for the right deal. My uncle and cousin bought there's for 4 or 5 hundred around 2010 and my brother stole his for 175.00 in 2021. I guess I'm just cheap. I've got a bad habit of buying the most beat up turd for sale and then spend twice what it's worth fixing it. I guess that's not really cheap, just dumb.
I do this too. Buy junk and dump in more money than it is worth.