Manco Mini Bike - new member

That is quite the transformation. Nice job.
Thanks buckeye! I always value your posts.

So I'm looking around for a 72t sprocket with the four bolt holes. All I can find on OldMiniBikes, mfg, ebay, and gokartsupply is this one from gokartsupply.

60 Tooth Carter Brothers Sprocket
3-3/32" Bolt Hole Circle For #41 Chain
(5th Sprocket Down)

The measurements look good. Although it's not the 72t I'd like. I'll keep searching but will probably order this tonight.

Any opinions?

Perfecting the mini one part at a time. This time it's a new 60t sprocket. I found two at gokartsupply.com that fit perfect. I only ordered a 60t because i couldn't find a 72t. I'm glad I did! It doesn't feel like I lost much torque, but man did I gain some speed! I don't know how much but It's very noticeable!

My old sprocket had a warp to it, but it was fine at high and low speeds on the road. Slow speeds off road were also fine. It was high speed off road that would throw the chain.

Next I will be getting the Narrow Exhaust w/ Silencer from OldMiniBikes to put on this week.

Pics:

old-timer

Scamming Member
Really nice build Keith!!
You should be proud of yourself. Your getting me motivated to get my a## out to the shop and get going on my bikes.

Job well done for sure!!
Vic

Hello, fellow mini bike enthusiasts! Sorry to intrude im new aswell and dont know how to post a question i figured i could relate to this topics, and if not could some please tell me what i need to do to post a question on new posts. I just pick up a sears roebuck puddle jumper orange crush. Theres not much info on this little bike out there and what little there is isnt much help.i was wondering if someone could help me identify what type tecumseh engine the bike has. Also if its even worth rebuilding the engine or just sticking a new techmseh in there suggestions would be great. I'd like to keep the originality of the bike since i will be doing a full restoration thats way i ask. ThankS!!!!

old-timer

Scamming Member
Felipe,
To ask a question or start a new thread, go to whatever section of the forum relates to what your interested in. Click on that link and just below the stickys up top, you'll see a tab in the upper left saying new topic. Click that tab, and you are ready to post a new question/topic.

As far as your bike, it looks to be in real good shape and all original as far as I can see. It's always best to try and keep the bike as original as possible when your dealing with vintage bikes. The motor looks pretty clean and original, so if it were me, I'd just go through it and keep it as is.

What makes you think the motor needs a rebuild? You may just need a carb rebuild and be fine. Usually if the motor has been sitting over time with gas in it, the carb become gummed up from the gas going bad. Sometime you can get away with just a good cleaning.

Vic

Valocalrep

I got my seat, Seat bracket, rear shocks, and rear fender in the mail today. The seat mounting holes line up perfect with the holes on the seat bracket. So I imagine that's just a standard size and not just shear luck? Anyways I was thinking it's kinda good that the original place where you mount the seat bracket was missing so I can move the seat back farther if I like.

Anyways so I got some assembly to do now. Just waiting on the handle bars to come in now!

Where did you get this seat?

Got the new exhaust on from OldMiniBikes. I had to redrill the holes for it to fit the engine. Sounds great tho! No room for the silencer with out an extension.

After the redrill^

Uploading a video so you can hear the sound so check back!