Margay Concept Enduro resto

since the Bug is pretty done need a "filler" project till I get a couple projects from trollville delivered in 2 weeks.thought I'd start messing with this one.margay concept 1XL endure you guys probably seen it already.i've had it a couple years and time for a full resto.i actually have a complete one and a extra chassis. leaving the complete one together for now.going to use the other chassis since it's in a little better shape.

This was it when I got it

after a quick clean up

on the track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiwUiZ_cJ4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN7c2Xsa6b0

chassis I got from rick (chatten) this is the one i'll use

tore it down

rear frame section that holds the engine had some additions that had to be addressed, may have these 3 pieces rechromed

removed all that and cleaned it up,

removed all the steering pieces and cleaned and buffed them, even had the original aluminum axle that I buffed out too

about it for now going to put a larger engine on it,(just had a converted saw engine last time)
might be a mac,maybe a westbend not sure yet

Last edited:

buckeye

Geeeezzz, do you just do this stuff over months, take pics and post it like you did it in two days?:laugh:

Gonna be a nice one. :thumbsup:

just started on the full resto yesterday tom. gotta do something.it's time for this one to get done up. hoping to have it painted before the white stuff flies

thanks all.

come to find out original chrome is under the paint on the front end.they did scuff it some before they painted it.thinkin' they did that when they added the front porch.got most of the paint off and started to buff it some.i think I can get it presentable

actually pretty comfortable randy,more so then I thought it would be.nice stretching out instead of having my knees in my face like the bug.best thing is you can take a nap in it when you come in the pits.

I need to take this kart somewhere I can stretch it's legs.i've heard that road America has "track days" for karts just for fun.not to far from me.kinda on my bucket list to get it up to and maybe over 100 mph.

picked up some repro decals for it a year or so ago from a vintage kart guy

thanks rick. everything you see there I got from you :thumbsup:

this frame is better than the other one we have.the right tank mounts have some issues but nothing major. the other one has a completely different front end from the front axle tube forward that's not original.

gotta get my butt in gear on this if I want it painted before winter comes.got rained out of my second job so I finished up the tank mounts today.cut the rear one off.it was repaired before with the wrong size tubing and was too long.bent a new piece and welded that up.welded in the piece that was gone on the front one

ended up finding another tank.the one I had was altered to fit a different engine/carb setup on it I guess :shrug:.decent shape i'll wet sand,buff and polish it later

need to blast the rims yet them figure out what color I'm going with

actually sprayed it with an airbrush,worked great.had way more control to get in all the tight spots and used less paint. the compressor hardly even ran.

3 coats color with a buttload of prismatic flake added and 4 coats clear