Maybe im crazy..

Ive been wanting to build a recumbent minibike for about 3 years now. Based of this frame, feet forward and everything. Motor would be behind/under the rider right next to the rear wheel. Use 16-18 inch rear dirtbike or moped wheels, something light weight.

I think I'd feel more stable in that position with some bigger, wider, meatier wheels and tires under me..... It sounds like a really interesting idea though!

Maybe a little crazy, but crazy's alright. :eek:ut:

understand about the tires, 17 inch wheel choice would be good, lots of options, maybe 110mm wide motorcycle tires front and rear. Although I do have a 180mm wide tire on a cbr rim...hmmmm :)

joekd

I thought the whole logic behind a recumbent was more comfortable pedalling position, since you are motorizing it doesn't that just defeat the main reason to go recumbent at all?

I was always told that the term meant more comfortable riding.... lord knows some of our mini's need that...I was checking out a motorized bicycle site some years ago where a guy made one of these with a china bike motor that looked cool would definitely be a sweet mini bike project for sure

Ive been wanting to build a recumbent minibike for about 3 years now. Based of this frame, feet forward and everything. Motor would be behind/under the rider right next to the rear wheel. Use 16-18 inch rear dirtbike or moped wheels, something light weight.
Aren't you the same guy who came on here and started the winter build off and then dropped out ? :eek:ut:

Yeah, also the same guy who has a month and half old daughter, a wife who works 40 hours a week and attends class 25 hours a week, works 30-40 hours a week himself, and has an 8 second dragbike hes trying to get done. :censure:

:laugh: Yeah I'll probably never get to my airplane either but what the hell, right?

Yeah hell one of those recumbants would be great. Especially for drag racing. The downside of trying to build a "powerful" bicycle is the fact that you can only put as much power into the pedals as gravity and the strength in your wrists will allow..

Ya know like when you're a 7 year old kid trying ride a 40 pound 1940 Shcwinn 26 inch balloon bike thats geared for 35 miles per hour...

It almost works out, until ya hit a hill, and your stuck, jumping up and down on the pedals but not moving.. :lol:

The recumbent will allow you to pedal as hard as you have strength in your body..

also creates a much more efficient environment for just your standard cruising...