Midwest 608 mini bike will host Drags at Symco Grounds Augs 13 2016.

Hi. To all mini bike drag racers in the Midwest of the great USA. Midwest 608 mini bike nation, that is all mini bike people that LIKE the facebook page and Chris Nelson will be the host of the Best Mini Bike Drags Aug 13 2016 at Symco grounds clay track. We will have 5 new classes (more equal to all racers). Larger pits for racers to line up in classes.I'am working on a electronic finish line system. NO RAIN. I will verify the cover for the track is still in the saw mill barn for this years event. Rules and Classes will be posted on my OldMiniBikes page '73whitelighting'
and FB page Midwest 608 mini bike. contact me if you have any question at chris73nelson@yahoo.com 608-345-8281 or like me on Midwest mini bike. Thanks Chris Nelson.73

delray

sounds great chris....:thumbsup:
glad to see you will be hosting the 2016 minibike drags at symco grounds and having more classes for people to run in.

This looks like a great weekend event. It is less than 500 miles for us so I am putting it on this years schedule. The only drawback is getting through Chicago.

Awesome! Really want to race this year.Glad to see its expanding. Could someone clarify what is happening with shakedown at the eaa? Is all the minibike stuff at the symco grounds? Are they totally different shows now? Both period correct car shows?

Thanks x-90! That's where I'm hung up. The link you shared is for the symco show at the eaa in Oshkosh (used to be at symco, moved, but still called symco.) This thread is about the event in symco by manawa (if I understand correctly ) where they also have the thresheree . That's where the clay track and the Sawmill barn are. I really liked the atmosphere at this location and where I'd prefer to go.

Symco hotrod & kustom event at the Symco grounds is where Midwest 608 mini bike Drags will be Aug 13 2016.. More info, rules , classes and update will be on my FB page @ Midwest 608 mini bike . Check out the drag videos!! Bring your mbikes and friends we have 5 classes and prizes. thanks Chris Nelson

Hi X-90 rider ..the link u posted is from the old Symco shakedown show. that is the right place where Midwest 608 mini bike drags will , at the Symco grounds. Symco shakedown has moved EAA. What MB done have to Drag??? thanks Guys ,Chris Nelson 73

Symco hotrod & kustom event at the Symco grounds is where Midwest 608 mini bike Drags will be Aug 13 2016.. More info, rules , classes and update will be on my FB page @ Midwest 608 mini bike . Check out the drag videos!! Bring your mbikes and friends we have 5 classes and prizes. thanks Chris Nelson
What if people don't go on or use Facebook. How will they find out the rules and updates.

TWO Shows! Symco hotrod & kustom show will be in the town of Symco WI at Symco clay track.That is where Midwest 608 mini bike will be hosting the MB drags on the Clay track in my videos on my FB page . check them out .. thanks Chris Nelson.

Ok click on my 73whitelighting on OldMiniBikes ,go to my photo galleries, there are 2 multimedias there click on them that will bring up Rules and Classes..Hope that helps everyone understand where to view them..Thanks Chris Nelson

TWO Shows! Symco hotrod & kustom show will be in the town of Symco WI at Symco clay track.That is where Midwest 608 mini bike will be hosting the MB drags on the Clay track in my videos on my FB page . check them out .. thanks Chris Nelson.
Now it makes more sense - 2 events, similar names. Symco is about 50 miles north of the EAA Museum.

delray

x-90 rider
Now it makes more sense - 2 events, similar names. Symco is about 50 miles north of the EAA Museum.
one of guys that ran the symco show is little piss off and is trying to move it to oshkosh .
he has nothing setup yet for the minibikes drags at the EAA grounds and doesn't sound like it will be organize either for the bikes.
all i can tell you is there was about 60 minibikes at symco last year and most of them where setup to go 125ft on clay and that guy at oshkosh doesn't have anything like symco when it comes to having a clay track. give you one guess where all the minibikes will be drag racing this year......symco,wi

Last edited:
I'll be there! I enjoyed the show last year! I'll probably setup and sell some of my extra parts as well. I'm really glad the drags will be run by someone who actually cares about minibikes. Chris is an awesome dude who has at least 3 drag bikes himself. I know because I've seen the back tire several times.... Put me in the "small tire, no bottle" class lol

delray

hey chris, i see you have the classes posted now on your facebook.......:thumbsup: i will post them here too so the guys and gals can see them:deal:
1618081_829499383843900_2995373413056414332_o.jpg
nice to see the classes are more spread out. for example the 10hp under stock class. i have notes in the pass there as been more hondas/clones running every year and most of them are stock engines with just external performance add ons(header,air cleaner) this is great for these guys. now they don't have to run with guys that have all the up grades(billet flywheel,rod,cam..etc)
classes you have will definitely make it more interesting to watch.....:scooter:

now they don't have to run with guys that have all the up grades(billet flywheel,rod,cam..etc)
classes you have will definitely make it more interesting to watch.....:scooter:
I always kinda feel bad when i have to race my bike against stockers. Most of the time the classes don't allow me to be in a different class than them. Chris is about the only guy iv'e found in the midwest that is a challenge for me. We have raced at the rust revival and the White Knuckle Scramble. He has beaten me more than once, but as soon as I figure E85 out, I think he will have his hands full. Small block beating up on a big block it's usually pretty interesting. I like to give him crap because if i hadn't showed him how to adjust his torque converter, I would still be beating him.