mikuni carb came in!

Ordered a 22mm from nrracing and our just came in the mail. Going to put out all together and on the bike this Saturday. Has a 130 jet and 12.5...other jet.
Going to start off on the middle notch.

Predator 212
No gov
Billet flywheel
Billet rod
Black mamba cam
26lb springs
Ported and polished head
Eh..forgot which racing plug
Raceseng upgraded valve train-valves, push rods, rockers, retainers w/spilt keepers
Lapped valves
Opened up ports to match exhaust and will do the intake to match new manifold
6* timing advance

Looking forward to some test n tune fun. Unfortunately I forgot to buy other jetting so the clip moving will be all to tune. Until then I'm going to go study up on tuning a mikuni.

New arc wheels are machined to advance timing, but early versions were not. Date is on the wheel. You can contact Hunter at arc and he can tell you the date break

Problem with my cable with the mikuni carb on my Predator 212?

Having a problem finding the right cable? can anyone help! Ordered one with the ball and the ball is to big? I cut it and put in a throttle stop inside and it is not letting it go down all the way? Kind of new and learning still any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

@jamiek66 Not possitive but I think youre m/x style red anodized vent cap to your fuel tank should be mounted/zip tied so it is vertical so there is no vapor lock cause there is a BB in there that stops backflow if you dump the bike and the way its hanging there may impede flow. Not 100% sure but as there is no fuel pump and gravity fed there is no suction to open vent. Just a suggestion and to prevent trouble shooting later........:thumbsup: Nice header!!!!

Thanks for the advice I will do that, the header pipe sounds great! I would just like to get that throttle cable fixed up right!
Maybe try this

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/e...0-throttle-cables-mikuni-carbs.html#post33884

All of the Mikuni cable ends ive seen look like this and not a ball

pictures of mikuni throttle cable end - Bing Images

Cables that will work and not need modification can be found all over ebay for cheap....just measure close to the approximate size you need with enough slack for your application

I search under "pit bike throttle cable"

EXAMPLE: Chinese 28" Throttle Cable 70cc 110cc 125cc Dirt Pit Bike | eBay

Also when buying a new one make sure the other end works with your throttle...some have a screw in adjuster...some dont....Good luck!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I haven't been around on this site in awhile, but things are great for the bike. Found a shop about 20 minutes from my house that had a million and 1 jets for this carb.
The cable end gave me some trouble. I bought a cable from local bike shop with the drum and then made my own little vertical end to pull the slide.
Really easy to do.
Clean the end with methanol, drill a hole in wood, full with flux, heat my sauter (sp?) Up and let it drop in the hole and pah the cable in. Pulled out and filed it until it fit real nice.

Since I posted this thread originally, I've done 3 mikuni carbs already. I'm running rich right now on the 1 I've tested with a 130. I have a 126 & 122 to try.

For my personal bike in looking into a Tillotson, just to see what's what.

Ace hardware sells brass tubes. I forget which size I used- 1/8 or 3/16 maybe. Filled with solder with the cable laying in it, and it's lasted for a couple of years. Takes about a minute to do up. No drilling required.