Mini Bike Axle Nuts?

Hi,
Hey I was wanting to know,is there any chain stores that sell 5/8" nylon axle bolts? I know you can get em online but I was hoping I could just go pick some up somewhere.I went to Lowes & Homedepot but they don't carry these. Thanks...

Tim

125ccCrazy

Hi,
Hey I was wanting to know,is there any chain stores that sell 5/8" nylon axle bolts? I know you can get em online but I was hoping I could just go pick some up somewhere.I went to Lowes & Homedepot but they don't carry these. Thanks...

Tim
I can get the nylon lock nuts locally at various hardware stores... If you have a TruValue or Ace Hardware close they should have them.... I believe I can even get them in stainless here..

Home Depot and Lowe's sell junk hardware, stay away from them. Ace should have multiple choices of hardware grades. SAE 5/8 x 18 is what you want . good luck
Steve :scooter:

Home Depot and Lowe's sell junk hardware, stay away from them. Ace should have multiple choices of hardware grades. SAE 5/8 x 18 is what you want . good luck
Steve :scooter:
Steve, the Ace Hardware at 185th & TV Hwy in Aloha (Oregon) is nut & bolt heaven. Falk's Ace Hardware on Cedar Hills Boulevard is a close 2nd, but I heard the owner died recently so it might not be there much longer.

if you've got a northern tool, tcs or agri they should have them.
We don't have Northern Tool here in Oregon, but I wish we did. I just bought a double burner Mr. Heater from them w/piezo ignition. The cost plus shipping was still $10.00 less than the cheapest local store was trying to get for the match light version of the same brand.

Piezo ignition works like a quartz watch, only backwards. Apply electricity to a piece of quartz and is vibrates at a steady rate. That's how your watch works. Vibrate a piece of quartz (or smack it w/a little hammer) and , voila, you get electricity. That's how a piezo igniter works.

Piezo ignition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quartz clock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HowStuffWorks "How Quartz Watches Work"