Mini bike Side Car

Tonight i started my side car. Im putting it on my 1970 ruttman. Im almost done i have a cushion on it too. I used solid rubber wagon wheels part of a dolly as the frame and a pillow. All i need now is to connect the car to the bike and then ill be ready to ride.

Im 15 so im planning on my lil sister. I also got two others just like it but there 69s. ill post some pics. It was pretty easy

Suggestion: Please make sure you have some kind of shield (even if it's only expanded mesh) in between your engine and your sister. It's no fun getting burned on a hot engine, or accidentally leaning into or against something she shouldn't. Been there, done that .........

I saw this video on youtube the other day. skip the first useless 30 seconds haha..
I cant seem to get the embed code right... if you cant see the video, just youtube "montgomery ward mini bike with side car"

This is the type of side car i want on my minibike.
I think i could make an even better model, with quick detach latches, a plywood/thick sheet metal floor, and nicer seat.

This is a really interesting idea and looks very easy to duplicate! anyone have plans or ideas??
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xmmjSeOoLZ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

YouTube - montgomery ward mini bike with side car

ALSO! I had an idea of hooking up a HF "ooga" horn on my bike, some lights and turning signals, and a 12v battery. any ideas to use a bike generator to charge all of that? would i need two since most generators only charge 6v?

Last edited: