Mini bike worthy spray paint

rmm727

Had a thought this morning on the way to work. What brands/colors of spray paint match the colors that commonly came on our beloved mini bikes?

What have you used? How has it held up? Any other neat colors that you've tried?

Let's see some pics. I'm thinking about a green to match my K&S Hornet and something to match that Golden Pinto gold without looking too :censure:.

gbabins1

I use automotive engine paint with the same brand clear coat ( both spray cans) and it looks great and holds up awesome. I pick mine up at Autozone. :anon.sml:

buckeye

I have become a Rustoleum Hammered. Real forgiving and covers great. Not enough colors but, sure is good stuff.

ELT

I have been sand blasting my frames. Then using an automotive primer sealer and doing the final paint with automotive paint with hardener added.

rmm727

Valspar spray paint is tough as it gets, has a nice gloss, and lays out very smooth when dry, looks like alot of orange peel wet though.
I'll agree with you there. I have used the International red on my bar stool racer. Though I have heard it will turn pink if out in the sun a lot. Time will tell.

oldsledz

There is a guy in the vintage sled world that is starting a business to match the colors on vintage sleds, he has both spray cans and paint for spray guns, he says the spay paint is vary high quality but I have never used it. It comes at a premium price though.

Not a lot of colors yet here is a link to his site. Vintage Sled Paint Index Page