Mini Bikes in 4th of July Parade!

jeep4me and I participated in the 4th of july parade in Allendale, MI this morning. His bike was popular with the ape hangars and paint that matched the old jeeps there. Here are some pics:

Wish I was there to celebrate the 4th,we are gettin' drenched here in 'Bama. Hope to ride with you soon! steve is the new baby in the basket?

Last edited:

jeep4me

I had a great time. :scooter:

Always fun riding in parades.....heck, it's not really a parade without a couple of fat guys riding minibikes:doah:

Here's a few more photos of others that were in the parade....

Bruceo

That's awesome !! That red tractor is the shits..
I always wondered if a mini would have trouble overheating in a parade. with sitting in one spot for a while sometimes and slow moving. Of course around here they have a parade for any occasion,so i might look into getting in one. Wonder how many minis they have around here?? Mardi Gras anyone? hmmm

buckeye

Actually have considered a Loyal Order Of The Minibikes.:shrug:

Get enough folks together and put a bunch of beads around our necks and ride a parade. :laugh:

jeep4me

That's awesome !! That red tractor is the shits..
I always wondered if a mini would have trouble overheating in a parade. with sitting in one spot for a while sometimes and slow moving. Of course around here they have a parade for any occasion,so i might look into getting in one. Wonder how many minis they have around here?? Mardi Gras anyone? hmmm
That tractor was a 1917 Dodge Brothers. Not sure what the powerplant was that made it go, but it sure was cool. It has wooden wheels and all.

My bike did ok going slow and idling for a long time, Steve's coughed a few times but I think his mostly just wanted to go. Hard for that big thing to sit still or move at 2mph.....of course, that would be about right if Buckeye was riding it.:laugh:

that tractor sure was unique, think it was a jewish outfit by the emblem?

I think my carb was collecting a bit too much gas with the stop and go surges. Oh well, people got to see me working out my guns lol :laugh:

dodge brothers made cars, back in the day it wasnt un-common for folks to make "doodlebugs" out of model a's and such. dodge brothers used to work ford and ultimately invested with henry ford and later sued for their piece of the pie and started their own motor company.
anyways, its a neat piece of old american automotive and farming history right there

jeep4me and I participated in the 4th of july parade in Allendale, MI this morning...
Looks like you guys had a great time. :thumbsup:

that tractor sure was unique, think it was a jewish outfit by the emblem?...
The Dodge brothers were not jewish. You can find all sorts of stuff online giving various explanations for the emblem. This one seems pretty reasonable:

The World of Emblems: Significance of the Dodge Star Emblem