Minibike serial # question

capguncowboy

1968 Rupp, but impossible to ID what model without the engine and other parts. I don't see a standoff on the swingarm for a long clutch cover, so it's probably not an XL series bike. Since it has the headlight mount, I would think possibly TT500

Then again, it's possible that someone removed the standoff, which would make it an XL500 or XL350

markus

1968 Rupp, but impossible to ID what model without the engine and other parts. I don't see a standoff on the swingarm for a long clutch cover, so it's probably not an XL series bike. Since it has the headlight mount, I would think possibly TT500

Then again, it's possible that someone removed the standoff, which would make it an XL500 or XL350
???? You mean for the fender? The TT used bigger tires so the fender tab is straight up off the back of the swinwgarm pivot tube, all others were spaced back a bit with an L shaped mount because the rest of the bikes used smaller 4.10 sized tires. Bike above has a TT fender and swingarm on it.

capguncowboy

???? You mean for the fender? The TT used bigger tires so the fender tab is straight up off the back of the swinwgarm pivot tube, all others were spaced back a bit with an L shaped mount because the rest of the bikes used smaller 4.10 sized tires. Bike above has a TT fender and swingarm on it.
I was referring to the standoff for the clutch guard that the XL bikes used

No front brake mount..lower model.
The front brake mount for the 68 bikes was just a little bracket on the inside of the front left strut. You wouldn't be able to see it in the above picture, even if it was on there

I was referring to the standoff for the clutch guard that the XL bikes used

The front brake mount for the 68 bikes was just a little bracket on the inside of the front left strut. You wouldn't be able to see it in the above picture, even if it was on there
I have one...thats why I said it. lol