Minor swap meet victory today....

After last weekend's big swap meet failure... I made a good score today at the local swap meet near my home.

Not sure what it is, but it's mine... and for only $40.00:smile:

Also scored the new aluminum wheels pictured for $10.00 each.... unfortunately, since I couldn't find any at the previous swap meet,
I jumped in and bought a set off ebay for $100.00

The collection continues to grow...:thumbsup:.

Last edited:
I live near Canton in NE Texas, about 70 miles East of Dallas just off I-20.

The were several mini-bikes out there today, but most were way over priced... 250.00 to 375.00 for junk I wound not consider for $100.00.

Something is wrong with the engine on the one I bought, feels like a rod might be broken... not sure yet, but I've got another 3 hp Tecumseh sitting over there on the bench waiting for a new home anyway.

mardyn

I go thru Canton all the time. I rent a garage out in Quitman (used to build rockcrawlers out there) where my parents have a lakehouse.:thumbsup:
Its been a while since Ive made it out there since the wife is prego.:smile: I am missing all the good weather, good fishing, and the the best place to ride.

Anyhow, great deal. Find out what it is. I'm curious.

Good deal, good engine, Cat 250,,,,, If you CAREFULLY remove the paint on the chain guard you will find the round Cat sticker. :doah: That guard in great cond is worth $40.

Straighten them forks.

Last edited:
Eggg-cellent!

a Cat 250X... thanks for the I.D<:smile:

I've actually got two extra engines, one 3 hp tecumseh and a 5 hp briggs like the one pictured above.

I'll get busy on the forks and get them ironed out... I'm thinkin' yellow powder on the frame with silver wheels and hardware.

May take me a little while though... my cup runneth over with projects right now.

mardyn

The bars and forks should straighten easy, the pic above had one bent bar. I have 3 250's two where lime green originally. Whats under the black?

Pressure washed it a little while ago, and yeah, It's green under the black. Clutch guard is rusty with pin holes all the way thru in a few spots, no CAT decal either.

'loser... stop by some time if you're in the area, I'm at home most days.

Gotta' run, GF just walked in and we're outta' here for diner & dancing.

later.

mardyn